Burn an .iso

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carfac, Sep 30, 2006.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Hi:

Does a stock OS X install burn .iso's to DVD, or do I need something else to do that? If so, anything free available?

Dave

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

burns them great. Used it to burn vista rc1 to dvd. nothing else needed.

3. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

Rokem:

Hmmm... that is exactly what I am doing!!!! I think I am going to grab Parellels and pop it on my iMac first, just to see it. Did you put it on a Mac, or a PC ? How did it go for you?

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

its beuatiful. I think its ready for release. Ran great on my 15"mbp 128mb. Heard it runs good under parralles. One issue i do have is while its a good os, the rest of the world doesn't suport it yet, and i will likely be reinstalling it in 6mos to a year.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Toast I believe can but not free. however it is a really nice piece of software to have in my opinion

6. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Thanks for recommending Burn. I needed something to burn Divx discs, and I absolutely hate Toast.

8. deebster macrumors 6502

There's also Disk Utility.

Drag the .iso file to DU's left hand side panel and click Burn. You don't need to mount the image first, in fact some images will be borked if you do so.

9. JGamer macrumors member

I have an windowsxp.iso how to burn it on cd and let it work with bootcamp?

10. JGamer macrumors member

hmm... I tried with Disk utility, but how can i test it works, my imac is here abou 3 days, and i ant to know it works before it is here...

11. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Disk Utility works great with .iso files. It's incredibly easy, and like a lot of other Apple software... just works.

12. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'd imagine that if Disk Utility didn't give you an error with the process, it worked. If you followed the steps above (drag the file into Disk Utility, and click burn), it should have worked just fine.

13. JGamer macrumors member

thnx, but i did not drag it into disk utility, but it was already there. ????
    and if there is a problem with the cd, what kind of troubles do i get then with bootcamp? or does just don't recognize it..

14. mcdonabe macrumors newbie

I was wondering if there was a specific way to burn games onto a dvd disc in order to replace the original? Or is it so simple i just drag and drop then burn?