Burn data across multiple cds using burn folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jadekitty24, Jan 25, 2006.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

(Sorry if this thread isn't in the right section) I am using 10.4.4. I created a burn folder on my desktop to back up my photo's, documents, and music to cds. When I click "Burn" I get a message that says " "Burn Folder" is too large to fit on the disc. Remove some files and try again.". Is it possible to set it so it burns the whole folder to as many cds as it takes? Or am I stuck with having to make several 700 MB folders manually?

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I think you just have to use multiole 700 MB folders. I've never used burn folders, but on other burning applications (iTunes), it will only let me burn 700 MB, and then i need to put in a new disc, and burn a modified playlist. Finder might be different but i doubt it.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think you have to make several 700MB folders. Maybe this will be added in 10.5?

4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Roxio on PC will. What about Mac?

I was handed a stack of CD's at a meeting and told to launch the first one and follow the instructions...

It was a 1.3gig video ripped on to 3 CD's in Roxio somthing or another....

It ask for the other 2 CD's when the time came and it worked.

This was all on a IBM laptop, though....sad isn't it. The things we do for work.

Anyway, will Toast do what the OP wants?

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I think that Toast 7 will burn across multiple CDs/DVDs if you enable *Mac only* in the options....

EDIT: Mac-only may not be necessary...I'm still on Toast 6, so I can't check this one out.

6. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

Toast 7 absolutely will accomplish this, I have it. :)

7. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I was thinking of purchasing Roxio Toast anyway. If that will do the trick I will definitely buy it. I don't want to have to make 700 mb folders-that just seems like too much of a hassle.

8. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

9. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

With all of the extra benefits to Toast, I highly recemmond buying it, instead of relying on freeware that is nowhere near as good. Toast 7 is truly amazing!!

10. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I can't find a definitive answer to my question concerning toast. I need something that is going to enable me to back up a few GBs of data across a few cd's. I don't have a dvd burner or a back-up hard-drive. I'm not crazy about having to spend money just to back up large amounts of data without having to break it up into several 700 MB folders. Perhaps thats why I've never backed up my data. I just can't believe that isn't a basic feature. And by the way, that "Machacha" link did not work so I couldn't even attempt that.

11. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Toast 7 allows for disc spanning, so you can put a couple of gigs onto multiple CDs, but only if you select Mac Only (at least that's the way with the version that I have, maybe it works with Mac & PC on newer versions)

12. jadekitty24 thread starter macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Thanks for the answer! That will be perfect...I don't need it for PC...blood pressure is already too high.

13. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I use this feature in Toast 7 when I make backups and it's great. I totally recommend Toast 7.