Burn DVD's from iMovie without iDVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rufmanj, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Rufmanj macrumors newbie

I'm relatively new to the video scene, so bear with me. I've searched the forums but have not found the exact answer to my question.

I have iMovie 2.1.2 on a Mac G4 with a superdrive burner. I've captured video from my mini-dv camcorder and now I want to put it on DVD to be played on any DVD player.

I've tried a few of the "expert" settings to export it, but none do the trick as far as producing playable DVD's. I have toast titanium 5 and I don't have Quicktime Pro. I also do not have iDVD.

I have Final Cut Pro on this computer, but have no idea how to use it.

Is there a simple way to to export directly from iMovie onto a playable DVD, or do I need something else?

Any advice or expert opinions would be helpful!

Many thanks!

Rufmanj

2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

In iMovie HD you go to File>Burn to Disc. I'm not sure what version of iMovie you have or if the older versions have that option. It's worth a try though.

3. Rufmanj thread starter macrumors newbie

Ace,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have iMovie HD. My version (iMovie 2.1.2) doesn't have that option.

Anyone else?

-Rufmanj

4. alixki macrumors newbie

imovie File/Burn Project to Disc not for playable dvd's

"This feature creates a duplicate of your project onto a CD or DVD ROM. It does *not* create a video DVD for playing in a DVD player. Do you want to continue?" - -this will be the message you receive (at least in imovie 6)
    so this isn't a viable option for a playable dvd.