Burn Mac images on teh PeeCee

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bobdude161, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Hellooo, I just downloaded all the iso's for Yellow Dog 4.1 (it's legal so shaddup) on my PC just a while ago and now I'm tryin to figure out how the heck I can make a CD that my Beige G3 can boot from. I have IsoBuster on the PC and it gives me the option of burning an HFS image but still, I think some vital resource forks are being overlooked by the PC. My G3 will read the disk but booting is another thing. I do have an option of using my friend for his Mac Mini to burn these isos for me but I'm trying to be nice and do things myself (on a PC, i know). Any programs on the PC that will allow me to burn Mac CD images directly (freebies)?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If it's an ISO, I don't think there is any issue of processing resource forks.... you should be able to burn it from anything. Think about it this way: Linux ISOs can be burnt from Windows, for Linux/x86, right? But Linux/x86 is no more the operating system being run at the time than Linux/PPC is, right?

The ISO is just a literal disk image... it's not like a zip file that processes the meaning of its contents, AFAIK.

Another one you can try that has a free demo, I think, is Alcohol 120%....

http://www.alcohol-soft.com/

3. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Ah yes Alcohol works!!! but I have overlooked that YD versions higher don't work with beige G3, son of a .... . Well I guess I'll have to DL 3.0.1 now. goooood times.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Awww, I figured it was something like that. :( Good luck!