Burn playable VIDEO_TS folder without Toast?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MBHockey, Jun 1, 2005.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I have been using my uncle's dual G5 and Toast 6 to backup my DVD movies. However, I no longer have access to that machine, and therefore Toast.

It is a pretty expensive program, and i really only used it to burn movies playable in my computer and most DVD players, so i can't really justify spending $100 on it.

So does anyone know of a free app that burns VIDEO_TS folders in the manner that toast did (Data --> UDF) so that they are playable in DVD players & my computer?

I tried BurnX Free which i found from Macupdate, and unsucessfully burnt two coasters with it. So before i move on, i want to find out if anyone has had success at this with a free app they could point me to.

Thanks

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Popcorn is $40 from Amazon and works really well. I know, not free, but still pretty good.

3. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I had looked into that, but i already purchased DVD2OneX about a year ago for $50 for compressing my movies, i'd like not to spend any more money if i could...since there seems to be a wide array of freeware cd/dvd burning apps.

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Even cheaper at Buy.com thanks to a $10 rebate:

Roxio Popcorn - $29.94 at Buy.com