Burn two cds at once!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by idkew, Apr 5, 2002.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    I just got my cd-rw/dvd drive installed on my ti and i thought i might give it a try, with a twist. I have a cyclone firewire cd burner also, so i thought i might try to burn two different cds at once.....

well, it worked.

not entirely too useful, but fun. i wonder, is there a way to burn the SAME cd in both drives at once?

-idkew

Attached Files:

• burn.jpg
      burn.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

You should test to see how much time you save. Time how long it takes to burn two at a time, then burn each one separately. If you do, post it, I'm curious.

3. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

wow that's pretty neat

i didn't know the disc burner could do that... could the one in 9 do that?

that also makes me wonder if it's possible to put another internal cdr drive in my superdrive quicksilver... how easy is it to remove the zip drive mount and put a cd drive in there?

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

The second slot in the Quicksilver won't accomodate a 5.25 drive such as a cd-r

arn

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Dead on target arn... The only way that you could put a 5-1/4" device into that bay would seriously void the warranty. I wouldn't do it. If you want to add more 5-1/4" drives, then transplant your G4 internals into another case with more bays. Count on the case costing at least $100, if not more (another instance where you get what you pay for).

You would be much better off just getting an external FireWire burner and plugging that into the back. Better yet, get a few and chain them as you need (start off with one on each port, and as many more as you can, or use a FireWire hub :D ).

I believe that the multi-drive burn can be done within Toast. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe that one of the tech's at our Boston site mentioned that someone has done it. I will bring my external burner to work next week and see it if can be done (my G4 there has a superdrive).

6. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

you can also burn 2 CDRs with toast
    if you have an internal burner and an external

7. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

but....

can i burn two of the SAME cds at once? i.e: make two copies at once w/o preparing two cds?

8. menoinjun macrumors 6502a

menoinjun

Only if you made disk images. How are you going to burn a cd in a drive that is reading for another drive? A drive can only do one thing at a time. Even if you had a third drive I doubt it. I dont think toast can handle that.

-pete

9. Choppaface macrumors 65816

sweet :D

one thing I noticed in X is that hitting the eject button opens both my G4's slot and my firewire' burners tray. doesnt do that in 9. what's really cute is to have one try open, hit the button, and one try closes while the other opens :D :D :D

10. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

that's the coolest 'feature' i've ever heard of... thankfully i don't have an external cd drive within arm's reach... my productivity would sink to an all-new low

:D

11. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

I would be burning from the HD to the two cds.....