burn without copy?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pdpardue, May 12, 2005.

1. pdpardue macrumors regular

Apr 27, 2005
    Sacramento, California
    okay, here is my problem... My mac at home is broken and enroute to apple for repair, leaving me with only a PC which won't read my mac formatted ipod. I am at a school lab and need to offload 2.9gb from my ipod connected via usb to burn to a dvd disc.

Attempting to copy via usb is going to take over an hour, and then there is still the time to burn. The lab closed 24 minutes ago. It is very important that i get this stuff tonight... is there anyway to burn without first copying? I can't download or run any programs that are unathorized, so that would be a pointless reply. If there is a way (like holding down a key when burning) to bypass the copy, or perhaps something that will make my pc at home read mac, i would be greatly appricative.

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I'm betting that the lab Macs are still running Panther, but if they're running Tiger, just create a burn folder on your iPod and put the stuff you want to burn in the burn folder. Then open the burn folder and click burn. It will burn the files in the burn folder without making a copy first. To create a burn folder, go to the File menu in the Finder and pick "New Burn Folder."