Burned DVD support from Windows PC?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Donka, Jan 28, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

I have a bunch of DVDs that I burned on a previous Windows Laptop; such things like archived photos etc. I burned these as data discs using Nero but I cannot get these discs to read on my rMBP 13. I have 2 USB external DVD drives which I am trying these on and the drive mounts but it appears as if there is no disc in the drive. If I try something like a DVD movie, it plays back fine so I know the drives work fine on the rMBP. If I try both drives on a Windows laptop with the problem discs they are read perfectly and I can browse them and open up the images.
    I'm assuming the issue is the format they were burned in originally. Does anyone have experience of this issue and anyway to review the discs to confirm if it is the format they wee burned in to confirm this is the issue? I know there wee options such as UDF, ISO, ISO9902 (?) etc. but don't recall which format I used.

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

Just to answer my own question, I copied the images from one of the discs to my work laptop, burned them to a new disc but ensured I chose the option for ISO9660 & UDF support.
    Disc works perfectly on the rMBP so i assume this was purely down to the format of the disc burned.