Burning a .ISO Image to DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Echoes1024, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Echoes1024 macrumors member

Feb 10, 2006
    I have a .ISO image that I downloaded from the internet (legal live bootlegs :p) that has MLP tracks, DTS tracks and Dolby Digital tracks. Essentially a AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. How can I burn this disc to a DVD-A so I can listen to the MLP tracks on my DVD-Audio player?

EDIT: Do I simply burn this as a normal ISO image? The instructions do suggest this, but their for NERO. Can Toast or Disc Blaze burn ISO images?
  2. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    Legal - In conformity with or permitted by law.
    Bootleg - To produce, distribute, or sell without permission or illegally
  3. Greenjeens macrumors regular

Aug 25, 2005
    I'm pretty clueless to DVD-A audio and may have misunderstood the problem...
    but check out Disc welder bronze. The $3000 Discwelder Chrome does MLP DVD-A.
    I don't know how you get from your file to DVD-A though.

Toast 7 has an ISO 9660 option under the "data disc" burning format? Not sure what format that is?
    Toast will burn PCM 96khz/24 bit standard music DVD's, but the Toast 7 Manual states that DVD-A requires a special player and to not confuse Music DVD with DVD-Audio.

This reviewer describes a Mac DVD-A set up using Bronze...

"Since Bronze is lean version of DVD-A authoring, all the tracks are automatically placed in a single Group, Group 1. The DVD-A standard allows multiple Group creation.

Bronze allows burning of up to 24-bit/192 kHz linear PCM stereo files and 24-bit/48 kHz 5.1 channel files. To author 5.1 in high resolution, the Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP) coding scheme is necessary, which Bronze does not support...."

4. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    It's evolved into a term simply meaning "recording of a live show". Quite a few artists sell "bootlegs" of their concerts.