Hello, we just moved into a house with a fireplace. I am very ignorant about these. There is there flume(?) right above the glass and mesh doors. I have that fully open, and there is a switch to turn a circulating fan on/off, I currently have that off and the glass and mesh doors shut. The firs is burning nice and the smoke is going up and out the chimney but the fire doesn't seem to heat the living room very well. Should I... 1. turn circulating fan on at all times? 2. close the flume half way? I don't want smoke coming in the house though? 3. Open glass doors and just keep mesh doors shut? again don't want any smoke in house (or especially carbon monoxide). thanks!