Burning across multiple CDs in Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sharewaredemon, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Hi,

I want to do some backup of a large amount of data
    (My music library and about 40 GB of footage), and I wanted to know if anyone knows about a program that will let you burn data across multiple discs like iTunes lets you do.

I don't want to use iTunes for my music because I don't like how easy it is to screw it up, and the fact that using iTunes while burning is risky and all that.

So I was wondering if there was any way to do this in Toast or using burnable folders?

Thanks

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

You know, if you're backing up 40gb on CDs, it's going to take like 50+ discs, right? Perhaps I'm overstepping here, but you need a DVD burner, if not another HD (which is really the cheapest and easiest way-- schedule backups, don't worry about it ever again).

3. Sharewaredemon thread starter macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I'm sorry I meant DVDs

still I really want to be able to do this, it seems such a pain to make a bunch of saved files in Toast for each disc.

4. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Are you a .Mac member? The .Mac "Backup" program allows you to span discs for a backup, if you so choose. I think it might even be available to non-.Maccers, although obviously the option to backup to the internet'll be a no-no.

PM me if you're interested and I'll hook you up with a copy (it's only 2.6MB, so it's probably safe to email unless your ISP really sucks). :p

[​IMG]

Look at the bottom bit - that's how easy the disc spanning option is. Just chuck stuff into that window and you're away! :D