Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dscan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
How do you do this?

On PCs, I used to just add files to the CD-RW and re burn using EZCDCreator. I didn't have to erase contents or anything.

I can't seem to follow this approach while burning files from the finder.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
To use a CD-RW you'll either need to erase the disk then copy all your info back to it with the new stuff, or do a multisesion burn. On the PC side if you mean you used to use your CD's like floppy disks, then you were probabily using a software program called Direct CD that comes with EZ CD Creator. Personally I hate this program as if you creat a disk using it, the only computers that can read that disk are ones that have Direct CD on them. As Far as I know there is no equivilant program for the Mac and I hope there never is.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Quoting Mac Help after searching for "erasing crdw" ;)

1 - Insert the disc in the optical drive of your computer.

2 - Open Disk Utility, located in Applications/Utilities.

3 - Select the disc in the column on the left and click Erase.

4 - Select Quick Erase if you want to overwrite the old contents with new. Quick erasing does not erase all the previous content on the disc, but only allows it to be overwritten.

5 - Click Erase. If you didn't select Quick Erase, the data on the entire disc is overwritten with zeroes. This takes a bit longer than quick erasing.

Or if you want a much nicer user experience buy a copy of Roxio Toast.

HTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.