Burning CDs on Cube

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mms, Oct 17, 2003.

1. mms macrumors 6502a

Can the 500mhz Cube burn CDs? It has DVD drive but I'm not sure if it can burn. When I try to burn on iTunes (4.0) it says "Disc burner or software not found."

And how about the Lombard (333mhz)? When I try to burn on iTunes it tells me "Authoring Support Not Found." It has OS 9.0.

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

No. The 500-MHz Cubes came with a DVD-ROM drive without any burning capability.

I believe later models had a CD burner option (with no DVD capability).

3. mms thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also, just wondering, what does it mean when iTunes says "Disk burner or software not found." I get the disk burner part but I always thought that iTunes didn't require any other software for burning CD's. What software could be missing?

And what "Authoring Support" is needed for my Lombard? It has iTunes 2.0.4. I just found out that burning CD's on iTunes requires 9.1 so I'm wondering if I should upgrade.

4. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    the lombard will not have an internal cd-burner unless you upgraded it with one from MCE.

And the software not found does mean that you need to install Authoring Support I believe.

5. mms thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about the G3 B&W or the LCD iMac? I'm not sure what models they are since I don't have access to them right now but I know the iMac isn't the latest upgrade.

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Get Mactracker

If you download Mactracker you can see the specs of every Mac ever built (well, except from the newest ones... there hasn't been an upgrade of mactracker yet!).

The B&W comes with or a cd writer, or a dvd/cd player. The cube was the same story. But there where more with dvd-rom equiped than with a toaster.