Burning cds

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DigiRaven, Nov 9, 2005.

1. DigiRaven macrumors newbie

I bought some music from itunes and when I burn them to a cd no text is written. why? Nero can burn my mp3s, wma, aac, m4a, etc but not the m4p from itunes. So it looks like im out of luck with 3rd party software to do the trick. So I have to rely on Itunes burning software which is SO LIMITED. Has anyone have an extension or some sort of patch for itunes 6 to burn music with the text?

thanks

2. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

You can only burn cd bought from the itunes musicstore through itunes, because it uses protected aac.
    I dont understand what you mean about burning music with text.

3. BenAKL macrumors member

BenAKL

are you talking about CD TEXT? so the text scrolls in your stereo?

I use Toast 7. Works great!

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Nero = Windows. Sorry, you are out of luck unless you want to burn them to CD and rip back to mp3 (or AAC). Quality goes down if you do that though.

5. DigiRaven thread starter macrumors newbie

When you play the cd audio in your stereo it shows the name of the songs and the title of the cd. Itunes seems to not understand how to do that or am I missing something? With nero I am able to burn cds with full names and it displays them in my car stereo and home theatre. So is there a way to burn itunes bought music onto cds that will display the text of the music and title? Is apple working on this remedy anytime soon? Has anyone created an extension or a patch for itunes? Ive googled and nadda.

6. DigiRaven thread starter macrumors newbie

to much work and yes i know about quality. Any itunes extensions? 3rd party addons?

7. DigiRaven thread starter macrumors newbie

So toast can burn bought itunes music? I thought ole stevie only allowed itunes to burn BOUGHT music.

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why compress? Rip to WAV/AIFF/FLAC and burn it again with you favorite CD Text enabled app.

B

9. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

just download the songs normally and dont worry about aac crap:p

10. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

balamw, you've missed the point. The original poster has songs that he/she bought from the iTMS. When burning iTMS songs that have DRM through iTunes, his CDs do not have CD-TEXT.

The second point is whether Toast 7 has the ability to burn iTMS songs onto an audio CD. We know that Toast 7 has CD-TEXT capabilities, but it hasn't been verified whether Toast 7 can burn the protected iTMS songs.

ft

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Nah, I think you missed my point.
    1. Burn iTMS protected songs to audio CD with iTunes as usual
    2. Rip the resulting Audio CD with your favorite ripper (Nero, EAC), but do not compress! Leave as WAV AIFF FLAC
    3. Burn with your favorite CD-TEXT enabled burner (Nero)
    Yes it takes 2 CDs, but I've tried it it works, though it's not worth it for me since I only have one CD Text enabled device.

I don't know if Toast can solve the problem, but he's apparently on Windows (Nero).

B

12. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

balamw, you're right. I did miss your point. I even missed that digiraven is on Windows.

I'm going back to sleep. ;)