Burning Crusade WoW

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Oct 5, 2006.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Just wanted some opinions for the Burning Crusade. What do you all think of the Collectors edition show cased at www.worldofwarcraft.com . I can't wait to go and explore Outland and get my little pet netherdrake :) Just wanted to get your opinions on the the upcoming expansion.

2. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Looks cool to me. New areas, new spells (us Druids can fly!), new PvP (apparently you can spend it like gold, no rank) and a new level cap. Sounds good to me!

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Will it reduce the game's boringness? Yes.. for about 5 days.

Can't wait for the jillion people bumrushing the zones and trying to get to 70, not to mention the gold & jewel fahmuhs.

It's gonna be great.

:rolleyes:

4. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

going out on a limb here but i guess you are not a fan. I for one am looking foward to it. I like to see WoW keep evolving and adding more content. This is my opinion so I expect everyone to feel this way just wanted to see if anyone else had anything insightful to add.

I do think its kool druids can fly tho. But it will be over looked once people start getting their flying mounts.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Oh, I'm sure I will buy it (standard, not the SE. I don't give a crap about the Dev's DVD, and special pets? How many spcial pets from the game's opening do you see around now? None. Save your cash).. I just find WoW so boring.. I have to keep asking myself what the **** I'm paying $12 a month for.

6. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I am ahuge WoW fan, i have been playing it for soooo long. There will be tons of stuff to do in the expantion, you can go into instances and start there or go solo and do quests. Some people will want to do PvP while others may want to level up there alchemy and herbs (like me). Blizzard has said that they are planning on making a new expantion every year so you should expect tons of stuff coming to the game.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm looking forward to it. as i've just gotten into the game...

the new areas will be great to explore. if they are too crowded, well move to a different server. :rolleyes:

druids being able to fly is a big deal. yeah there will be flying mounts. but being able to fly gets rid of need to have a mount. gives you a good escape method in a nasty fight too....

i might get the collectors edition. its a sweet package.

p.s. is there a release date yet? a solid one?

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I preordered the standard version a couple of months ago, and the reseller actually emailed me yesterday to inform me that there is now a collector's edition :)

I'll wait until NZ pricing is announced before making up my mind, but I could do with a new mouse pad :p

The reseller I bought from has had a few different TBC (to be confirmed) dates, but is now listing 24/11 without the TBC.

9. eb6 macrumors regular

Could someone explain this game to me?

I am truely interested. I've never played and know nothing about it, I just hear about it a lot and am curious. Setting, plot, etc. Thanks.

10. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Uh, no. You'll see. It will suck.

Uh, no. Flying mounts are only available in BC zones, you'll still have to have a regualr mount in pre-BC zones.
    I would also expect longer mount times, so combat escape is unlikely.

yes. 11/28/06. Same day (11/28) as the original game came out if memory serves?

11. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

1. i dont know why you think it will suck.
    2. i was talking about the druid abilities, which are still limited to Outland afaik. thus combat escape can still be possible.
    3. and i have not found any date given on the blizzard site. link? ive found various dates scattered all over the place by vendors though.

12. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Yeah, it's quite fun actually. It's not a lifestyle - it's a game. It's just as pointless as other games, maybe bar deathmatch where it'll increase your reflexes in case aliens invade, the human race gets oppressed and a higher race takes over or we are all placed into a gladiator pits.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

isn't that reality as it is right now? survival against one another? :p ;)

14. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Hey dude, WoW carries on from the original WarCraft games. I'd check out www.blizzard.com and have a quick read or head over to www.worldofwarcraft.com and find the history (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/index.html).

I don't really like wizardy, elfy games but I love WoW. It's fun for a while just getting your levels up, but if you have a fun guild and people to play with it gets a nice community going. I have people from my work who play, some friends and fairly often speak on TeamSpeak to the Guild. It's just fun and you can go mental and play play play or just take it easy.

15. harveypooka macrumors 65816

It would be a lot more fun if I could switch into Dire Bear and kick some butt though! :D Oh, if anyone is on the EU Moonglade server, say hello - I'm harveypooka there too!

16. ijimk thread starter macrumors 6502a

ijimk

You miss the whole point of the special edition pets. I use my mini diablo on my main all the time. I get great feedback on my little pet :p the reason you don't see alot is they are limited to the number they made. The less you is the better caause that makes them that much more special. THe main reason i want the SE is the art book, making of DVD and mousepad.

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

When did you start playing?

Which is? Look how cool I am.. I have a SEPet? Oooooohkaaaay.

18. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Don't start the whole "I've played for longer than you" rattle. If you weren't, well, this still stands :)p)...it's a fun game and has zero point outside of it's self. That's right - WoW is an enclosed universe, just like any other game.

People that play it for glory, honour and for a life, well, do as Blizzard says in the loading screen "Take all things in moderation - even World of Warcraft".

It's a damn fun game and if you meet the right people you can have a laugh, kill stuff, discuss stuff and raspberry the Horde.

Rant over. :D

19. mufflon macrumors 6502

that's only partly true, seeing as the WoW experience up until now has touched very little of the "authentic warcraft" - some came with naxx, some will come with the expansion - but the content to this day isn't 100% lore authentic - so by this I would rather see a new warcraft game than a new WoW expansion :)

20. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Ah no, me either.. they're being very politically nebulous about it so if it's not available in "your area" on "X date" they won't get flooded with a jillion emails.

But I went with GameStop's release date, which looks "good" to me.
    EBGames (local) told me the same thing in-house/live-and-in-person.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646436

21. harveypooka macrumors 65816

That's me told! :p I thought it had an OK level of WoW lore in, but hell, I just play for kicks - I don't really read that stuff. Although I did have a very boring day at work so read the entire Lore section, which I would recommend to no one....

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That was never my intention. I couldn't possibly care less how long anyone is playing. Because like SEpets, it doesn't matter at all.

All I have to say is if a player started on an established server well after the release date, then they've never experienced zone crowding like there was in the opening year or so. Which we will all be reliving in less than 2 months.

Alliance is for 'snappy dressers', BTW. ;)

23. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i plan on getting the collectors edition... probably for christmas.

24. Kinneas macrumors member

Sad thing about burning crusade is that it's so focused on more end game stuff that people like ME can't do becuase I can't spend hours and hours in instances. However, it'll be nice to have a lot of soloable quests to get to lvl 70, but being a novelty, there will be LOTS of all epiced out people questing, and I'll probably just get owned non stop.

25. harveypooka macrumors 65816

There'll always be gits who spend 24/7 online and pawn you. Thing is (especially when getting owned in PvP) is dance! I switch to bear and dance! It's great. A nice way to ruin their kill and get your own back. Ahhh, the joys of being a druid...