burning .dmg files on PC for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wiredsc, Jan 23, 2004.

1. wiredsc macrumors member

wiredsc

I currently have the 3 Panther install .dmg files on my PC hard drive.

I want to burn them on to disk using Nero on my PC so I can boot up my PowerG4 and erase/partition my hard drive and replace my current useless OS X.1.5

I have been hunting all over the internet to discover the answer. Can anyone PLEASE help me.

I have tried changing the name to ISO and burning which works BUT when i insert the disk into my mac, the install file has changed from and application to a package which will not open or but from restart!

Any help would be so greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Do I smell Warez?

Usually, when I used to use Roxio and Nero, files on a pc just burned the way they are, as .dmg, iso, zip or whatever other kinds they were. Are they going on your disc as .dmg?

3. wiredsc thread starter macrumors member

wiredsc

yeh ive also burned them as .dmg images and they are doing the same as when burnt as an iso

4. vniow macrumors G4

Use Disc Utility to change the DMG file to a CD/DVD Master, rename the extention to ISO and burn it on your PC.

5. wiredsc thread starter macrumors member

wiredsc

What I am thinking, although it may be tedious is copying the .dmg's onto CD as they are then copying them from CD to mac, but then how would I burn the image on a mac? I dont have toast yet.

6. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    iirc, you can burn dmg's with disk util, it's in the "file" menu i think... or cmd-B maybe...

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

yeah, drag the images to disk utility's side bar, select it, and the burn icon should show up.

8. XweAponX macrumors newbie

YES! Finally an answer... Albeit an old answer.

This looks like it is working! The version of TOAST I have seems to be rejecting the DMG image for burning, just keeps ejecting the DVD+R/DL

Thank you VERY much!