Burning DVD in Toast

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CMoore, Jan 9, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2008
    Hello Im new here ,,
    I have a question ,, I have imported vob files to Toast , burned the dvd , and on playback I am getting a clicking in the audio.. I went back to MPEG Streamclip and re exported the dvd clips to a .mov burned the dvd in Toast and its still has the clicking ...

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP .. It is very important that I have this dvd done today and in the mail. Its for a band ...
  2. macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2008
    Burning DVD in Toast--G4Ever

Also have Mac The Ripper & Toast.
    Import DVD on M.T.R. , Out to Toast.
    Burn Disc, Disc will not play on Mac or DVD Player.

Any experts willing to give instructions
    for us Ripper & Toast users?

"Long Live the Digital Revolution!"

3. -DH
    macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2006
    Nashville Tennessee
    What is the source of the VOB files? And what steps did you use in Toast to burn the DVD?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 9, 2008
    The source, not sure what you mean ,, they are from a dvd that I have, First I tryed just to burn the VOB files , dragged them into toast, they copied onto dvd disk but there is a clicking in the audio track that is not there on the original dvd or when I play them right on my puter, I tried to also convert them to .mov files , that worked , no clicking in that playback , but after I burned them in toast to DVD disk and played them back on my puter or dvd player from the burned disk there was a clicking again.

I have Toast Titanium It on my other puter I think its toast 7
    Im thinking I might need to reinstall Toast again ,

the VOB files play just fine on my puter, I am not sure why the clicking happens when they are burned. I dont have this issue when I burn an MP3 disk.
  5. macrumors 6502

Nov 9, 2004
    What version of Toast are you using, you'll need to use Toast 8 and burn video_ts method.
  6. macrumors newbie

Dec 7, 2008
    I need help

I have a problem, every time that I burn a simple .avi file onto a disk using toast 8, the playback quality sucks, and the dvd only plays on certain dvd players that i own. Someone help me please