burning DVD with 400MHz G4

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bobditch, Dec 1, 2005.

1. bobditch macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I just installed a Pioneer Super Drive in my G4 400 Sawtooth 10.3.9
    I bought iLife5 without looking at System Requirements - duh.
    iDVD5 requires a 733MHz G4 or higher, How do I get movies from my Sony Digital Camcorder to iMovie, burned to a DVD to view on a DVD player? (without buying a new computer - as much as I'd like to.)
    thanks, Bob
  2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Will iLife install? If so, try it out. Sometimes system requirements are based on the minimum system required for an experience that Apple determines to be acceptable (from a marketing/consumer perception standpoint). Often software will work on machines below the system requirements.

Failing that, you could use iMovie to capture/edit and Toast to burn DVDs. Toast certainly won't give you near the flexibility in authoring that iDVD will, but you'll be able to create DVDs that will play. Of course, I'm not sure what the minimum sys reqs for Toast are...
  3. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

Mar 11, 2005
    down to earth, far away from any clouds
    Well, Toast will most certainly work. I have it installed on the cube in my sig which has 450 mhz. The Cube has 10.4.3 running quite good, iLife applications are installed but since I do not own a digital video camera I have just tried out iPhoto, which ran ok.