Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scho52386, Jul 29, 2006.

1. scho52386 macrumors regular

scho52386

Could anyone teach me how to burn Music Videos onto a DVD so i can play them on a DVD player? There MPG files. Sorry im very, very horrible with computers :-(

2. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Hey Mac newb here so not sure if this will work, but what worked for me in my broadcasting class a few years ago was this.

See the DVD pic that pops up when you load the disc. Well if you drag the file(music video) to the DVD icon it should burn it on their.

I dont know if you need software to do that or if Mac's do that out of the box. Sorry, its just how I used to do it...

3. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Try iDVD...very easy and intuitive!

Put all your music videos into your Movies folder (path = /Users/your_username/Movies ) so that you can access them from iDVD. Launch iDVD, create a new project, start dragging and dropping the music videos onto the screen until you've run out of space or videos.

4. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

you can also get a program like Toast or Nero. i use Toast 7 Titanium. helps all dvd burning needs

5. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Does any one know if the way I explained works, or how did I do that on the G5 I was using 2/1.5 years ago?

6. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

I'm pretty sure that won't do want the OP wanted (ie play in a DVD player). It would work fine if you're playing them through a computer, but if you want the files to play on a DVD player you'd have to use iDVD or Toast to get it to work.

7. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Oh I gotch-ya. So you can do that right from the box though, I mean drop it on to a DVD that way.

8. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

Yup, no problem for player on a computer. Just stick in a blank disc and drag and drop the files to it and eject the disc (ie burn).

9. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Man that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy thinking about my Mac...