Burning Files on Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by superspiffy, Mar 14, 2007.

1. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

OK so I'm just beginning to learn Macs and I'm running into some basic issues. First, how do you burn files without having to copy them into the desktop, make a "burn folder," copy them into that folder (which is a laborious process)? What I want to do is to go on Finder, open up the directories until I see the files I want, and some burn them into a disc directly from there.

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

when you insert a blank CD or DVD into the computer, a new burn folder is automatically made (& is added to the Finder sidebar). Then you can just navigate to the folders you want to burn, and drag them onto the burn folder. When the burn folder has everything you want to burn, you click on it, and click the burn button. That's how I do it, anyway. No need to move folders to the desktop.

3. superspiffy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I still end up having to COPY the files to the burn folder since dragging it, only creates a "shortcut" icon in the burn folder and that won't burn. Since I'm copying 4 gigs worth of stuff, I would rather not have to wait. How do you just burn a set of files "straight up"?

4. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

when you actually hit the burn button, the burn folder burns the folder linked to by the shortcut. That's the whole reason the shortcut is made, so that you don't have to wait for the actual files to copy over.

from http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh2154.html