Burning iDVD movies on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ichii, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I have a Macbook without the superdrive, and I wanted to know if it's possible for me to save my work on iDVD and burn my movie on a PC. I use Nero 7 on the PC.

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

you can save your iDVD as a disk image, but I have not been able (or figured out how) to successfully burn that onto a DVD that will work on a DVD player.

3. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a try what programs did you use, but couldn't get it to work on a dvd player? I was planning to get a external DVD drive or a 1gig stick of ram, but with my luck my xbox 360 died today for the second time this year, So I might just get it repaired.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I made a movie with iDVD recently, and just had it save the .iso file. I burned this later with Toast, but burning via the Finder worked as well. I imagine there are plenty of Windows-compatible programs for burning .iso files. This played fine for me on a home-theatre DVD player.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

My iBook is combo, so before I had the iMac I'd create an ISO and move it over the 'net to my Dell where I'd burn it using Nero 6. This worked numerous times so I don't see why it wouldn't on a Macbook & Nero 7.

Alternatively save it as a VIDEO_TS folder and drag the files into the placeholder folder Nero creates.

B