Burning iPhoto Pics to CD .... ?????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vjmacaddict, Dec 27, 2006.

1. vjmacaddict macrumors member

vjmacaddict

I tried burning some images from iPhoto onto a CD, but after I burned the pictures, I could not burn anymore pics. Why is this? Is there someway that I can burn pics several different times?

The CD was not even close to full, so there was plenty of memory space left on the CD. I need to be able to burn several times, so I can have different folders, with pictures from several different catagories.

How can I do this using the built-in software on my iBook G4? Running OS X 10.4.8. Everything is updated. Thanks.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You can't. The Finder still does not support multi-session burning—once you burn a disc, it's finalized and closed, and you cannot add anything else to it.

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

If it's a CD-R, they can only be burned to once, doesn't matter how much space you use up. If it's a CD-RW, then you should be able to burn to it multiple times, but I don't think you can add more to existing stuff on the CD, I think you can only write over it.

4. vjmacaddict thread starter macrumors member

vjmacaddict

Burning Multiple Sessions ....

This is odd .... because with my old (ancient) SCSI CDRW burner, I can burn to regular CDR (not CDRW) disks many times!!! I wish that I could connect my SCSI burner to my iBook G4. Hmmm .... is that even possible??

I guess that I need to find more sophistocated software which allow multiple sessions on the CDR disks.