Burning iTunes Videos to Video CD or DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aorons, Nov 20, 2005.

1. aorons macrumors newbie

Nov 20, 2005
    Does anyone know how to do this?

I can't figure out how to burn iTunes downloaded videos to anything other than a data CD.

iTunes does not support anything other than an audio CD. Finder seems to only support data CD or DVD.

iMovie won't import downloaded videos - says they're not importable. Same goes with iDVD. Quicktime Pro won't let me save one as a .mov file. Toast won't import them - incompatible error.

Am I up against a copy protection wall?

Kind of bummed - I downloaded a Green Day video to give to my kid for Christmas on a Video CD.

2. fistful macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2004
    afraid so.

I'm sure there is a way around this but I just don't know how to help you with that.
  3. bizzemfrog macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2005
    I have the same problem

Hey, I was trying to burn the episodes of lost that I downloaded on to a dvd, but I couldn't find a way to convert them into a format that was a burnable video. I am using a PC and tried to import them using Premiere and that didn't work. Let me know when you guys figure it out.
  4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm pretty sure there's no easy way around it (if any) at this point. We'll just have to wait for a JHymn-type product to deauthorize our videos.
  5. freeny macrumors 68020

Sep 27, 2005
    The only way i believe you could get around the authorization issue is to rerecord the video using Snapzpro software- http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/
    or something similar.

You should check on the legality of this of course...