Burning Mix Music CD without .aiff format?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i4k20c, May 19, 2006.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey guys,
    -I just got back from school, and was trying to create some mix cd's from some of the new music i aquired at school. Me and my roomate swaped some music from our cd collection. :)
    -When I used to burn Cd's from my window's computer, i used Roxio Ez Cd creator, and it burned the Music Cd and it worked fine in my 2000 Honda Accord Cd Player...
    -I tried using my powerbook for the first time to burn a music cd, first tried itunes, and although the cd worked on my home stero in my room it did NOT work in the car's cd player, i soon realized that it was burning in .aiff which i assume is not comptabile with my car's cd player..
    -I tried using toast, but that also seems to burn in the .aiff format...

So uhh help me figure out 1. how to change the format it's burning in, and 2. what do you guys think i should be using to burn these cd's?

thank you..
    i4k20c :eek:

I have both Toast, and obviously Itunes..so whichever is easier to work in or change the format would help me greatly! Thank you again!
  2. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    If you're selecting to create an audio CD in iTunes, then it'll record in standard PCM. If you then attempt to view the "files" using Finder, it'll show AIFF containers - if you drag a track to your hard drive, Finder will automatically "rip" the track and save it in AIFF format. The CD itself still contains normal PCM audio, which is what CD players use.

If your CDs aren't working in your car, try a different brand of CD. As far as I know, the CDs created by iTunes are fully compliant with the standards.
  3. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    ARGGGGGGH.. your right, just tested a new cd i burned in my car and in my parents minivan! Crap..lol, just pretty much wasted $12 on these cd's!!!!!!!!!!! :(

thank you for your help tho! :eek: