burning mp3's from i-tunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by the fargo, Oct 17, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

hi, firstly I'm new here and very glad to have found this forum.

I've done a quick search and read and can't seem to find the answer to my question, however if it has ben answered before can you pleae redirect me.

I wish to burn mp3's from i-tunes onto a cd to play on my mp3 player in my car.
    If I use I-tunes and hit burn, all works well but the mp3 player doesn't read the disk.

I used to own a G4, and simply drag the icons onto the disk and hit burn and that worked.
    I now use a G5 and it doesn't work that way either.

So I've tried both methods, but no luck.

any suggestions?
    thanks
    phil

2. macrumors Core

iTunes Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning.

You can decide whether you want Audio or MP3 discs.

3. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Assuming you're on a Mac, go to iTunes preferences/Advanced/Burning/Click MP3 CD option.

If Windows, should be similar path.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that. I've done that and the cd will play in our portable player, which plays mp3's but wont play in the car mp3 player.
    like I said the only ones that play in the car were the ones I made by dragging the icon onto the cd image using the older G4.

it must be a fault with the car mp3 player, not with i-tunes.

thanks for the replies.

5. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Are all your songs definitely MP3? It won't work if they are AAC, which iTunes rips songs in by default.

6. macrumors member

seeker777

Have you tried burning at a slower speed? That is, for example, 4x instead of 24x (or maximum)?

I had a similar issue with audio burning from iTunes (at 24x). The CD would play in some players, but not others. I slowed down the burn speed, and haven't found one that it won't play on now.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

once again, thanks for the replies. I will try a slower speed, and certainly let you know.
    I'm reasonably certain they are mp3's but will check.
    thanks