Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the fargo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
hi, firstly I'm new here and very glad to have found this forum.

I've done a quick search and read and can't seem to find the answer to my question, however if it has ben answered before can you pleae redirect me.

I wish to burn mp3's from i-tunes onto a cd to play on my mp3 player in my car.
If I use I-tunes and hit burn, all works well but the mp3 player doesn't read the disk.

I used to own a G4, and simply drag the icons onto the disk and hit burn and that worked.
I now use a G5 and it doesn't work that way either.

So I've tried both methods, but no luck.

any suggestions?
thanks
phil

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
iTunes Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning.

You can decide whether you want Audio or MP3 discs.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Assuming you're on a Mac, go to iTunes preferences/Advanced/Burning/Click MP3 CD option.

If Windows, should be similar path.

the fargo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
thanks for that. I've done that and the cd will play in our portable player, which plays mp3's but wont play in the car mp3 player.
like I said the only ones that play in the car were the ones I made by dragging the icon onto the cd image using the older G4.

it must be a fault with the car mp3 player, not with i-tunes.

thanks for the replies.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Are all your songs definitely MP3? It won't work if they are AAC, which iTunes rips songs in by default.

seeker777

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
Have you tried burning at a slower speed? That is, for example, 4x instead of 24x (or maximum)?

I had a similar issue with audio burning from iTunes (at 24x). The CD would play in some players, but not others. I slowed down the burn speed, and haven't found one that it won't play on now.

the fargo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
once again, thanks for the replies. I will try a slower speed, and certainly let you know.
I'm reasonably certain they are mp3's but will check.
thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.