Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
OK, Hopefully someone will be able to tell me how to do this, or if it's impossible and I'm just sol, but I'm wondering if there's a way to burn multiple Bin/Cue files onto a CD using Toast 6. I have several mpg's that I've authored to VCD bin/cue files using FFMPEGX. The resulting bin/cue files are only about 25min long and I was hoping to put 2 on a VCD, but in toast it does not let me put more than one bin/cue file onto the CD. Is there any way to get this done, or will I need to try some other way to burn them? Thanks for any help.

mikesown

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2004
are you wanting to make a vcd with 2 videos on it? if so you'll need to make a simple menu or something, and you cant directly put the bin/cue files on a cd. you need to make a single bin/cue with menus or something of the like.

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
I think you will need to find a way to write one cue file that incorporates instructions for burning both bin files. However, I have no idea how to do that. Sorry. :confused:

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I think you will find VCDBuilder a good solution. Sadly, its a commercial App. I now they have a demo, but I do not know what it allows. But it will do what you ask nicely, with a menu even.

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
OK, so after many tries and many new coasters to add to my collection, I have found a way to burn multiple bin/cue files to a VCD (with toast 6 at least). So for anyone interested here's the deal. You can burn several .bin files of a VCD to a single CD if you select "Multi-Track CD-ROM XA" and then select the .bin files. Toast will create 2 files for each .bin file you select. One file will be only a few seconds long but the second will be the length of the movie. When you burn the disk it will be created as a VCD. Good for thoes of us with DVD players that will not play SVCD's ( such as my Sony DVD Player. Just be aware that the VCD will have 3 tracks when played in a DVD Player. The second track is nothing, kind of a place holder from what I can tell. The VCD's I've made with this method play fine in my DVD player, so for anyone who had the same problem as me I hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.