burning multiple cd's of same images

Discussion in 'macOS' started by askthedust, Mar 30, 2006.

1. askthedust macrumors regular

askthedust

I need to mail out cd's of my artwork that I have saved as jpg's. Is there anyway that I can do this with out having to drag the same folder into a burn folder? Can I set it to burn more than one cd? I could do this in windows but since I switched over permanently I have not been able to figure out how to do this on a mac. This cd will be used by pc users. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You should be able to set up a .cdr image in Disk Utility (if you select a New Image from the menu, you should be able to tell it you want a CD/DVD master) with the folders you want on the CD - and then burn it as often as you want from there.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

If you make a Disk Image using Disk Utility then I think you can tell Disk Utility to burn x copies of that (and just feed new CDs on a regular basis). Edit: Too slow... :eek: ;)

Alternatively you should check out Toast 7, the de facto standard for burning on Macs. :)

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

It's nice to see stuff like your answer Applespider because in a funny but dumb way, since I have Toast I've totally forgot about all the things you can do without it if you have to :eek:

5. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I don't often burn things so haven't seem the point in investing in Toast. The only reason I knew this is because I did it myself with an iDVD-made DVD a few weeks ago :eek:

6. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

7. askthedust thread starter macrumors regular

askthedust

Thanks Everyone!

That did the trick! I appreciate everyone's input. That's one of the great things I love about being part of the Mac community now.

8. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

What did the trick? There were a few different suggestions that were posted.

9. askthedust thread starter macrumors regular

askthedust

creating a disk image allowed me to burn the same folder over and over. I was putting a cd in a dragging the files onto the cd before. A friend just told me that if I just done file/new burn folder it would have done the same thing. After comparing disk image vs the burn folder both did what i needed to do, but the burn folder in tiger did the job a lot faster. Eventually what i discovered was that i was doing the procedure backwards making it more difficult to do. Which is funny because I upgraded to Tiger for the features like burn folder and forgot how to use them.