Burning songs to mp3 CD-R/RW for car use

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Pablo, May 12, 2003.

1. Pablo macrumors regular

In the past, I've used Roxio's Easy CD Creator in Windows to burn audio CDs to play in my car.

I essentially make a data CD with the folders being the artist & album name, containing the songs from that album. I can create a folder called "Misc" (or whatever) and toss in assorted mp3s when I don't want to burn the entire album.

Will iTunes (or any other built-in program) do this or will I need a third party application like Toast?

From what I can tell, iTunes will burn to CDs, but will put all of the songs in one directory/folder.

2. senseibiz macrumors regular

Just open itunes
    1. create a playlist folder and name it if you want.
    2. drag the songs from your library you want to burn into the playlist folder you created.
    3. select the folder and press the burn button.

Hope this helps.

3. Pablo thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I guess my 'problem' is with iTunes (and iPhoto, etc) not allowing subfolders.

IE-

Here's what I'd want on my CD

Atrist 1 - Album 1
    Atrist 1 - Album 2
    Atrist 1 - Album 3
    Atrist 2 - Album 1
    Atrist 2 - Album 2
    Atrist 3 - Album 1
    Atrist 4 - Album 1
    Atrist 5 - Album 1
    Misc

So with iTunes, I could create a folder (EG "Burn") and throw in all of the tracks I wanted on the CD, but they would all be under a single folder named "Burn" rather than subfolders. Correct?

If so, then that really doesn't do what I'd want, as the ability to create subfolders makes navigation quite a bit easier on my car CD player.

4. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i have a car mp3 cd player also. since itunes organizes your music by artist and album anyway, i find it's just easier to create the heirarchy you want directly from the finder. open the cd-r, drag and drop, cmd-click and done.

but that's just me.

5. Pablo thread starter macrumors regular