Burning to a DVD (.avi file)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acearchie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I am using toast titanium 8 but it says that the DVD is almost full when this file is under 500mb!!!

I want to be able to add another episode!!!

I have decided to hide no secrets.

I live in france and downloaded an episode of Doctor that I had missed because I cannot watch it! I promise to delete it after watching and will burn something else to the DVD!!!! I just want to be able to watch it with my family tonight along with the episode that aired last night!!!!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. russellelly macrumors regular

It's because it's DVD Video that you're burning in, so it will need to re-encode from AVI to MPEG2, which is a far less efficient codec (but all that a DVD player will play). I'm not familiar with Toast, but I'm sure there'll be an option to set the bitrate and/or resolution in order to get the desired number of hours per disc.

3. murdoc158 macrumors regular

I'm not sure what your problem is. I dragged 2 hours worth of programs into Toast 8 using the same settings you show, popped in a DVD-RW, and burnt with no problems. Try adding the shows, then clicking record, then inserting the blank DVD. I usually use the Divx format to watch BBC's Top Gear over here, but my DVD player supports Divx playback. Good luck!

[​IMG]

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Well I did it and it somehow worked! Sadly I dont have a Divx player but I will serioulsy consider buying one when my current one becomes unusable!