Burning to a DVD (.avi file)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by acearchie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

Jan 15, 2006
    I am using toast titanium 8 but it says that the DVD is almost full when this file is under 500mb!!!

I want to be able to add another episode!!!

I have decided to hide no secrets.

I live in france and downloaded an episode of Doctor that I had missed because I cannot watch it! I promise to delete it after watching and will burn something else to the DVD!!!! I just want to be able to watch it with my family tonight along with the episode that aired last night!!!!

Attached Files:

2. russellelly macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2006
    Glasgow, UK
    It's because it's DVD Video that you're burning in, so it will need to re-encode from AVI to MPEG2, which is a far less efficient codec (but all that a DVD player will play). I'm not familiar with Toast, but I'm sure there'll be an option to set the bitrate and/or resolution in order to get the desired number of hours per disc.
  3. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2007
    West Bend, WI
    I'm not sure what your problem is. I dragged 2 hours worth of programs into Toast 8 using the same settings you show, popped in a DVD-RW, and burnt with no problems. Try adding the shows, then clicking record, then inserting the blank DVD. I usually use the Divx format to watch BBC's Top Gear over here, but my DVD player supports Divx playback. Good luck!

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

Jan 15, 2006
    Well I did it and it somehow worked! Sadly I dont have a Divx player but I will serioulsy consider buying one when my current one becomes unusable!