Burning to double-sided DVD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bmelon, Feb 8, 2004.

1. bmelon macrumors newbie

I've been backing up my dvds using dvdbackup, dvdremaster, dvdimager, and disc utility on an ibook G4 with an external Pioneer 107 firewire drive (8X). Lots of fun and less trouble than I expected. The whole process takes around 1:20 per disc. What I'd like to do is eliminate the compression step, in order to reduce processing time and increase picture quality. Has anybody tried this using the new 9.4 double-sided blank dvds? Will disc utility recognize them? Will I have any control over where the disc gets chopped into side a and side b? I'd really appreciate any advice before I order a spindle. Thanks!

2. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    You'd have to split them before you burn them, 4.7G (same as regular 1 sided) on each side... unless there's a new new disc i haven't read about.

3. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

If you are going to do that, you might as well just put it on 2 regular 1 sided discs, it is probably less expensive that way.

4. bmelon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help...
    But is there any good way to split them anymore? I heard about something called 'disco' but it doesn't seem to be available right now.