Burning Windows Vista iso

Discussion in 'macOS' started by someguy, Jun 18, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

What is the best way to go about burning the ISO for Windows Vista?

I have a blank DVD ready, but I've never burned a DVD ISO on a Mac before.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Also, any information how how to dual boot with XP and Vista on a PC would help me out greatly.

I should also mention that I don't have Toast or any other burning software that wasn't included with my iMac Core Duo.

2. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

OS X's Disk Utility burns ISOs to internal SuperDrives (not sure about external drives). Select "Burn..." from Disk Utility's "Images" menu, choose the image from the open dialog box, insert the blank DVD, select "burn" from the subsequent dialog; that's about all there is to it.

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Ah, thank you!

As for the dual boot, I read that Vista has it's own boot loader which makes things simple, so I shouldn't really need help with that anymore unless someone has some good pointers for me. :)

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If you have 2000 on your system and install XP onto a separate partition, it'll ask which one you want to use every time you boot. I assume that Vista will dual-boot with XP in the same way.

5. Collin973 macrumors 6502

Yes. That's pretty much correct. I have Windows XP loaded on one internal hard drive and a beta version of vista on a separate slave drive and every time i boot my computer i have the choice of which one to start.