Burnout: Revenge

Discussion in 'Games' started by bense27, Mar 21, 2006.

1. bense27 macrumors regular

Does anybody else have this game on the 360? It is amazing. I can't stop playing it! My current ranking is "Insane":)

2. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I had it on Gamefly for a week and loved it. I eventually returned it in favor of renting a few other games, but I'd gladly put it back in my queue in the near future.

My only qualm is how freaking tough the achievements are to get...especially getting perfect on the higher ranks.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep. Really not that much of a leap from the xbox graphically even at 1080i BUT it is sooooo sooooo sooooo (yes that so!) FAST :eek: :eek: So even though you can see further into the distance, you still crash because the speed seems to have gone insane...... :) :)

Good but with so many games out this month, I'd only recommend if you dont have the xbox version..

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

This is currently the only Xbox 360 game I own! It is great.

I had rented the Xbox version before getting a 360 and I agree the difference isn't huge. It is clearer, it is prettier, but not enough for it to "wow" you.

Still, a great game. I was actually surprised at the Xbox version more then the 360 version... "wow, my Xbox can do this?" heh.

I've had almost no time to play it though... a definite recommendation though!

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

BTW, Battlefield: Modern Combat 2 demo comes out next week for the 360!

Gonna check out Burnout as well. I really like the Marketplace and the ability to try the demos first!

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I'm up to Dominator rank... perfected all of the crash events (which earns you an achievement), and picked up some other achievements, as well. Perfecting a rank (YAA) is HARD, because some races require a perfect run in order to get a gold medal.

Still, this game is a lot of fun... it's like the anti-PGR3. You're ENCOURAGED to drive recklessly and cause mayhem, unlike PGR3, where you're encouraged to drive as perfectly as possible.

7. bense27 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah PGR sucks....its waayyy too realistic for my liking.

The only achievements I have are a few for winning a race on xbox live.

8. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

clayj, you sent me a message via Live that you had a video to show me from Burnout, but it wasn't linked or gave me download instructions. How are you supposed to send these to your friends?

This sounds like a really cool feature but I never did see where or how to download your video. Any help?

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I don't know how it works, either... I just did it to get the corresponding achievement. :)

10. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I've been USED for Gamescore points!

I feel so cheap! :D

11. therevolution macrumors 6502

Still no 360 for me, but I've had the Xbox version sitting around unopened since Christmas! Just haven't gotten around to it yet. This thread is definitely inspiring me to fix that, though... I really enjoyed Burnout 3.

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i'm currently renting the xbox version. it's hella fun! i'm on the elite rank right now and about to finish the remainder of the single-player races.
    i occasionally play on xbl as "b0b 7h3 m0nk34", or at least i will until it's due :p

13. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

I've got the xbox version and if it weren't for Ninja Gaiden it'd be the only game I play (on my xbox, WC3 and UT2004 still occupy my Mac time).

14. bense27 thread starter macrumors regular

you HAVE to open it...like now...

15. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

i'm downloading the demo on my 360 right now. I tried the Xbox version when I had my XBox and I liked it, but it is hard to get used to from PGR.

16. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I loved the first Burnout.
    Burnout 3 was good, but there was too much EA "magic" there, and I hate EA "magic" (i.e. crappy gameplay like in their FIFA games). If this didn't have EA's stink all over it, I would probably like it too. I hope the 360 is down to $200 or less by the time Forza 2 comes out (yeah right :rolleyes: )

17. bense27 thread starter macrumors regular

I think EA is one of the best game developers out there. Especially Graphics wise. All of their games look amazing on the 360 while other developer's games don't (NHL 2k6)

18. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Ditto. I was never happy with NHL 2K6 on the 360... it totally looked like a port, because it IS a port. I traded it in (and took about a $40 hit on it) to get Burnout Revenge.

Nothing against 2K Games, but now that I think about it, I've NEVER been especially impressed with any of their games. EA's games always look really good, and most of them are fun to play, too.

19. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Ubisoft is who impresses me most, far more then EA! (of course, I'm not a sports fan.)

20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

IIRC, EA didn't develop Burnout, they just publish it.

Criterion make awesome games.

21. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Yeah, EA often acts as a publisher and distributor for other, smaller companies' games. The Madden series, for example, is created by Tiburon Entertainment.

22. bense27 thread starter macrumors regular

I am now a "Maniac"...10 stars away from "assassin"....look out...

23. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Call me crazy, but I actually like the gameplay of burnout 3 better than burnout revenge.

24. bense27 thread starter macrumors regular

I never played Burnout 3, but Revenge is wicked intense...its so fast, you really have no control of what you are doing

25. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Revenge is too fast and emphasizes crashing too much. I don't like how you can just ram through a traffic jam full of cars without crashing. Burnout 3 has a better balance of racing and crashing, and it takes more skill to take cars down without crashing yourself.

To be honest, I haven't played revenge too much, maybe it'd grow on me if I played it more. Burnout 3 though to me is damn near the funnest game I've played since the original SSX on ps2. Probably because the games are very similar, ie, B3:Takedowns=Boost=Speed and SSX:Tricks=Boost=Speed.