Bush Admin. Paid Commentator to Push NCLB

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jan 7, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Link
    You just shake your head and wonder sometimes. The feeling that they are above the law seems to permeate this administration.

So... who's being paid to hype the SS crisis I wonder?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

damn liberal media.

is bush incapable of shame?

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Considering the amount of trouble this administration has gotten in so far, the don't *think* they're above the law, they *are* above the law. There have been absolutely no consequences for *any* of the ******** that has been brought about by this president and his cronies. Not the torture memos, not the fake war, not the giant 9-11 ****-up. This nation has been taken over by small-minded, violent religious conservatives, and 51% of us support them in everything they do, be it illegal or immoral. This country is ****ed.

Sorry, kinda pissed right now.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yup.

America put its stamp of approval on this behavior when they re-elected the bastard.

Grrrrr...... :mad:

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

You have just unleashed the liberal mac users! I hate when this happens, am I the only republican here?
    This could just be a forgery just like the Dan Rather documents.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

That's such a big, fat gopher pitch I'm almost ashamed to take a swing at it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-williams8jan08,1,603991.story

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

What happened to the media? Who owns them now?

9. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

The questions I want answered:
    Who ELSE is on the payroll?
    Who in the administration is going to jail over this? (Yes this is illegal use of taxpayer money for propaganda against the US public.)

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You're anticipating my thoughts.

No one, of course. You're living in the past, in the Nixon years, when people were forced to resign and/or went to jail for criminal acts, misfeasance and malfeasance.

Now they do these things openly, and if we complain, we're just part of the whiny "liberal elite".

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it keeps changing, hard to keep track. i think GE still owns a bunch. then there's Rupert Murdoch.

check out this page:
    http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Williams' syndicated column was just dropped.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You're kidding right? No, you aren't the only Republican here. And there are a ton of us fence-walkers, as well as a bunch of people in other countries. But the conservatives here pick their battles. And the best will admit when their "team" screws up. Is that what you meant by, "I hate when this happens"? Somebody in the administration illegally using tax payer money to promote an underfunded program being a bad thing they shouldn't have done?

If not, thank you for helping to prove that some people think anyone who criticizes this administration, even when it does something wrong, must be a Liberal. Which, for some reason, is now a bad thing. I'm not even a Liberal, and it pisses me off when people say that like it's a 4-letter word.

14. kuyu macrumors 6502a

kuyu

What ever happened to journalistic integrity?

This is rediculous. We expect this crap from Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Franken, et al. But now the special guest talking heads are being paid for their opinions. Wow!

As an aside, public school is a joke. I skipped 45 days my senior year (and was tardy most of the rest) and made a 4.0. I spent 12 years taking English classes. When I got to college, I didn't know what MLA was!!! I moved a lot, and because of different programs at different schools, I had to take pre-Algebra three times (I got an A all three times)! They almost made me take biology twice (again, A the first time).

We need a major overhaul of the education system in this country. We were trained to ace the state/national tests so the school got paid. Beyond that, we didn't learn much of anything.

:confused: