Bush Aides Block Clinton's Papers From 9/11 Panel

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 1, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well, there's only two reasons this would happen. Either there is nothing in there Team Bush can use to smear Clinton (which I highly doubt, seeing as how they can smear Kerry six ways against the middle with one vote he cast) or there is something in there that would embarass this WH. Something like the Clinton WH focusing on Islamic terror and UBL specifically and that focus being lost in the transition to 'compassionate conservatism'. The latter seems more likely, particularly in light of the revelation that Condi Rice's big national security speech scheduled for 9/11/01 did not contain a single mention of Islamic terror or UBL.

3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    as of today, they're releasing all of clinton's papers.

that's 2 flip flops this week.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But I thought the accusation was that Kerry was the one who was prone to flip-flops for political reasons... :D

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

If you haven't already seen it, the folks at the Center for American Progress have this nice list of Bush's changes of positions.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Now that's a keeper. I wonder if that list won't grow even longer... along with the President's nose.

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

It is a fairly impressive list of flips, especially from some one who ridicules Kerry for his supposed changes on positions. I hope there are more ads by Kerry, MoveOn.org, or others on this theme, because Bush shouldn't be able to get away with his "straight shooting" image crap that Rove keeps trying to manufacture for him.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Don't forget his flip flop on a patient's right to sue their managed care provider...

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Actually, that wasn't a flip-flop, his support for patient's rights was simply a lie. But who's counting?

11. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Nice collection of facts. All the more reason that my decision is getting harder.

12. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

other flip-floppers...

:D :p

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I just grabbed one of these "quotes" randomly and did a bit of quick research. This is what Ted Kennedy actually said:

Ah, context. Typical hatchet job. Typical effort to change an unpleasant subject.

14. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Point is, they all say what they have to say to make the masses follow them like sheep to the slaughter.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Then it doesn't matter who you vote for? I figured you were interested in how politicians stand on the issues.

Speaking for myself, I'm no sheep and and don't plan on being led to any slaughter.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Can't get past Bill Clinton can we?

Besides, this is just another misdirection effort by Frohickey so he doesn't have to talk about the current flip-flopper-in-chief.

17. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Just some quotes that I found on the web about flip-floppers. :eek:

18. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, I am interested in how they stand, but masses being a bigger term for the country, not wise individuals like yourself ;)

19. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

They had to release them. If they didn't the 9|11 commission could have gone to Clinton for the papers. There are 2 duplicates of these documents. One is held in the Clinton archives and the other, if I'm remembering correctly, is held in the national archives. If Bush has said NO and the commission got the papers from another source it would look even worse then just dragging their feet on this subject.

20. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

The difference is that at the end of the day it was Bush that took us to war. It would have been political suicide to say no to Afgan and to a lesser extent Iraq. Anyone who voted nay would have been labeled unpatriotic, pro terrorism, and pro nuclear proliferation and only a few had the balls to say no. I'm proud to say Wellstone was one of them. God I miss that man.

Bush set the facts up. He and his cabinet tossed facts at the Senate as proof of Iraq's WMD program and in the end it was total, unfiltered BS. I don't give a crap who is president. Rep, Dem or Ind. If you are taking us to war you should be 100% certain that the facts are airtight. That is why the world wasn't with us. That is why we went in, nearly, alone into Iraq. The "Facts" presented to the world weren't overwhelming and in the end were faulty.

Makes one think we should listen to the world a little more don't you think?