Bush applies lessons of Vietnam to Iraq (!!!!)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

-- the wrong ones.

CNN

Oh dear Lord. :eek: :mad: Is this man effing stupid or what??

2. stillwater macrumors regular

That's what he learned from Viet Nam? Jesus! What an idiot. :eek:

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I keep thinking I read that wrong.

Nope. I know I'm tired, but seems pretty clear to me. That can't be right.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

His what?? :confused:

5. Queso macrumors G4

Did this man actually attend school or did he assume education was just a liberal conspiracy?

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Homer Simpson!

Did anyone catch Jon Stewart's interview with Ted Koppel the other night? Koppel noted that 35 years ago George Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard to stay out of Vietnam, and today he's going to Vietnam to stay out of Washington.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I nominate this for best line of the month.

8. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

In our lunchroom this morning, a fellow employee (republican) commented, "This is why we need to fight wars like Vietnam...to prove American foreign policy DOES work". Another employee shook his head in agreement. I accidentally spilled coffee on him.

As a Vietnam combat veteran, this is an insult to the memory of 50,000 of my brethren who lost their lives there.

"Will no one rid me of this president?"

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

A military coup should do the trick.

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I read this article earlier this morning. Then I stopped and reread the "success" statement thinking I had not read it correctly. I always thought being headstrong assumed, at least, the use of one's head. This is just maddening.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I was thinking the same thing, this guy just doesnt get it. He missed the vietnam lesson, as did the many he is surrounded by like Rove,Cheney and it shows. He still doesnt get it, never will. All these guys werent on the front lines during any conflict you can be sure, in fact just the opposite thats why its such a joke to see our president standing in vietnam clueless,utterly clueless to Vietnam = Iraq.

12. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

did anybody see SNL last weekend? Seth Meyers said:
    "today is Veteran's Day. So that affects nobody in the White House."
    hehehe :D

to W's credit, he did his level best to keep the Viet Cong from infiltrating Texas.

13. takao macrumors 68040

takao

absolutely ridiculous

thankfully it's only 2 more years ...

14. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'd rather have Homer.

Think anyone would mind? Anyone who supports Bush must support the troops, or say they do. So would they support him, the military, or would their heads explode?

I'd love to see what would happen.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

"That's the trouble with the French: they don't have a word for coup d'êtat", as George might have said.

I would imagine that by now quite a good proportion of the military might believe that this would be a Good Thing. You can only be used as expendable pawns so many times.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

CIA and FBI too. Kinda dumb to piss of the people who are supposed to be there to protect you, but that's pretty much the problem isn't it. That, and most of the military people seem to be waiting until after they retire with their pensions to even say anything.

It would still bne kinda funny though.

18. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Why not come back with the redcoats and put the insurgency into some last throes? We don't have any troops left to fight back.

19. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

This is real insider's information and I have never seen a single story written about it. Ever since 9/11, Bechtel has been paid over a Billion dollars to make Houston the safest city in America, from a terrorist nuclear bomb. They have every conceivable, state-of-the-art detection technology there is. Top nuclear engineers from around the country have been working (and continue to work) on this security system. Other major cities are getting nothing but the minimum passive systems.

If you were to create a priority need index of what we need to do to secure America, I would not expect Houston to demand such attention. I wonder what the people of Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Miami, etc., would think, knowing they were getting nominal protection, because Houston is getting so much? I can see why the story is being suppressed by the corrupt national news.

20. Queso macrumors G4

Why do you think successive US presidents get the Brits on board when they send all your troops abroad? To make sure we're as occupied as you are.

Think about it. The people in Washington aren't so stupid after all.

:D