Bush appointed condom-hater to head amily-planning programs at the DOHHS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Nov 17, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/16/AR2006111601929.html

2. Queso macrumors G4

That's a great way to prevent unwanted pregnancies. People should just abstain.

Or go gay :D

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No big surprise. It follows The Bush Plan of hiring the most inept/inappropriate people to head government departments.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

They are the only two methods that are 100% effective.

Not that I agree with preaching them at the national level, but abstinence is the method my girl and I have chosen.

5. Queso macrumors G4

Abstinence works perfectly when it's a personal decision, but doesn't work when imposed from Government. Not just with sex. Alcohol, drugs, basically anything where the people in power say "You are NOT to do this" people automatically go out and do. It's human nature to rebel against the constriction of personal behaviour.

Well done to the both of you.

6. stillwater macrumors regular

The anti-President appoints another anti-department head.

At least he's consistent. :mad:

7. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

or get married ;)

8. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

This person hasn't even come out and said anything about her plans, has she?

For example, Kerry lit his purple hearts on fire, but does that mean that when he was running for President we all assumed he was 100% in favor of everyone burning stuff from the Government? (i.e. Draft cards, money, drivers license)

Also, in the article, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, it simply says she's part of a group who has this posted on their website:
    My moms a Democrat but she didn't abort me, my Dads a Republican but he didn't shoot my face off (Any chance for a Cheney joke!) and this person may not follow all of the things her groups website says.

I like this quote at the end, too.
    At least this girl knows her role.:rolleyes: Even if she is somewhere far beyond hippy.

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Good old Dorchester MA. I wouldn't listen to a thing that person says and i would stay far away for fear i may get shanked.

10. Queso macrumors G4

Or go gay, get married and abstain, just to be on the safe side :D

11. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

/signed

Evil Barney:

"Quiet down billy or I'll kick yer a$$ out right here in Dorchesta!"

12. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Prohibition was a total and utter failure and fed the gang and mafia mentality of this country. Banning contraceptives would only do the same thing.

I didn't realise she was under the age of 18? Do you call rumsfeld a boy?

13. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

ban contraceptives?

wtf are we in a Catholic Theocracy here?

Fine, dont like em, dont use, cool, good, help god with making more little sheep.

But dont deny the rest of us the BENEFIT of contraception.

Douches.

lol.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Did you read the article?

Patterns. He's a Medical Director for that organization. That's one of their main things, so it's not like it's some obscure policy they have that he may or may not support. He's going to be a major decision maker for a dept that may be something of a conflict of interest. It's a pattern with Bush to hire the perfectly wrong person for important jobs such as these. Look at Bolton. Or Miers, or Browne, or... boy the list just goes on and on. Love to give him the benefit of the doubt, but based on what we've seen so far, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Least this one actually has experience. :rolleyes:

And isn't it a he? Eric? I thought the woman speaking was the dept spokeswoman. So then you didn't read the headline. Or the first post apparently.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And if there's any doubt left:

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_digbysblog_archive.html#116395974008577309

:eek:

And before anyone tries to say it, no, this wasn't just something on a website for somewhere he worked. He said it. In a presentation. This guy's going to be as good at his job as Browne was at his. Or Bolton. Or Miers, had she been accepted. Or Rummie was. Or Bush for that matter.

Is it 2008 yet? :(