Bush approval rating hits new low

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, May 8, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

and some analysis from mydd.com:

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What I want to know is, how the hell do 7% of the liberals approve of him? :confused:

3. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

jokewriters?

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

People who didn't understand how to fill out the poll, maybe?

It struck me as odd too. 7% seems awfully high to me, I'd understand 1 or 2 percentage points, but 7 in every 100 liberals actually approve of Bush? I find that hard to believe.

e

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Maybe they think he's just they guy they need -- to destroy the GOP.

6. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]
    I can't believe it's still going lower! Pinch me, somebody, I must be dreaming!

More good news:

Link

Hallelujah! The Dems are talking about a real philosophical change, a vision, an appeal to the common good...instead of just playing it safe. Now if they can only follow through....

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I know, it's like the continual "Oldest person in the world dies" threads. Seems like you have a new one each week. ;)

Don't worry they won't. Both DiFi and Jane Harman were out there supporting Hayden's nomination yesterday even while some Republicans were voicing doubts.

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

You win the funniest quote of the day award!:D :D :D

10. tristan macrumors 6502a

It's like a game of limbo... Can't wait to see the republicans treat him like a leper during the midterm elections.

11. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

12. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Obviously lower......

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would like to know who the nuts are that think he is doing a good job? Is their TV stuck on only 1 channel being Fox? What has this president done that was right? To think you can constantly screw up and still have 30% is scary.

14. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

29%

link

i'm assuming this data does not take in account today's revelation about tens of millions of americans being spied on.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Someday Americans might finally come around the opinion that it's more important to elect a president who knows what he's doing than worry about whether he boffs his interns.

Someday, maybe? Anybody think?

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Perhaps, in 100 years or so. I don't think the fanatical religious groups are ever going to see it that way. They can identify with the current president. Unfortunately, the rest of the world can't.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Once it drops below 30% across the board, that's pretty much it. There's little he can do to turn things around, and I'm kinda scared that'll he knows that so he's just going to do whatever the heck he wants. Um, not that he doesn't do that anyway... but I can actually see it getting worse. No really, it could get worse. If the Dems don't get a few seats in Congress, I'll know someone's been screwing with Diebold. No matter how much they try to distance themselves, part of this is the Repubs fault too. What did they expect when they handed the keys to the kingdom over to a madman?

Not that half of us didn't help :rolleyes: though some of us voted for the other douche bag.

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Gore is starting to look like a really good choice these days. Well, maybe not really good, but better than what we got.

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

A dead mouse would be better than what we got now. Every problem I had with Gore suddenly seems more and more petty by comparison the worse Bush gets. Even the Clinton thing looks like nothing considering how relatively decent the rest of his presidency was. Of course, it was nothing, but we were so comfortable back then, it seemed like a big deal. Lying seemed so horrible.

Of course, we got a guy now who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the butt, so in retrospect Clinton and Gore don't seem so bad.

20. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I remember thinking that Gore was a bit lame but he probably wouldn't change anything so we'd have a decent chance. Cheney made me think that we'd be in serious trouble but of course, my white, adoptive parents thought that Cheney would be great because he cared about senior citizens.

Looking at the abuses, even Nader might have been better and I suspect that he would have abused plenty.

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

29%

Daddy's record low tied - check

Next up, Carter's 28%, Nixon's 24% and Truman's 23%.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ouch... Guess I was wrong about the newest NSA scandal being the straw that breaks the 30% floor.

Limbo on brand-W Republicans. Dance with the ones who brung you...

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, his elevator's in the basement. There's still the sub-basement and the underground parking garage. ;)

(It might even be like one of those Daffy Duck cartoons, where there's one level even below that where the elevator doors open to a place with fire and brimstone. :D )

24. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

link

apparently, mrs bush's anecdotal evidence trumps the statistically valid polls. i suppose she just "feels it in her gut".

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Apparently she doesn't talk to the same people I have. I wonder if the people she does get to speak with are prescreened. I know when she visited my Mom's school, no one was allowed to really talk to her. Security issues apparently. She's got to know how people feel about him, but remember, Ms. Clinton stuck by her hubby too. ;)

Not that she's the most unbiased source either. I hear his Mother thinks he's doing a fabulous job. Even during Katrina, which it sounds like even Laura has her reservations about. Could be reading a bit too much into that though.