Bush Asked for Vatican's Help on Political Issues, Report Says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 13, 2004.

1. macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. macrumors 6502a

Neserk

3. macrumors 6502a

wowser

Yeah, OK George, you want the Vatican's help on political issues, do you? Well, there's this big one in Iraq that The Pope's not too keen on (I think he dropped a few hints when you gave dropped by his place?). So, maybe you should start there.

4. macrumors 68040

mactastic

Sick. And to think the right has tried to use Kerry's Catholicism against him, suggesting that he would be taking orders from the pope. I guess if, as some around here seem to think, the left wants you to worship the state and government, then the reverse is true too, and the right wants you to worship God and religious leaders. But only their version of God.

5. macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well, it's nice he is asking SOMEBODY for help for once...I was under the impression he had a direct line to the Big Man Upstairs and was consequently above the giving of advice...perhaps we might receive a contingency of the Vatican Guards for deployment domestically or abroad...a "God Squad" if you will...

6. macrumors 6502a

Neserk

He just wants them to tell all Catholics if they don't vote for him they are going to hell. He is getting more and more desperate.