Bush Assasination [plot]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cslewis, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Man, as much as I don't like Bush, I hate to hear about stuff like this. While Bush has single handedly destroyed U.S. credibility over the course of the last five years, it would be better to see him impeached and disgraced further.

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Impeached and removed, you mean?;)

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Bastard you got me all worked up now I'm sinking back into dreary depression.Isn't there a few Goddamns with the Balls.:mad:

6. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Assuming reports of this conspiracy are true it still startled me (as it would with any president regardless of party standing). I just hope that those involved are in fact guilty and not being scape goated for other motives.

Now that I think about it...I'm surprised there hasn't been more of this in the news.

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Probably because they were nabbed in the planning stages. Its not like conspiracy trials are much fun. There are no forensics, no bodies stacked like cordwood. Just a bunch of audio/video tapes and miles of receipts.

8. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Conspiracy charges are generally the way the State deals with annoying people they can't get any evidence against(or it doesn't exist).Here in Britian they charged people with vague connections to the Angry Brigade with conspiring with persons unknown to cause explosions,for years afterwards people walked round with "person unknown" badges on.

9. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I know people make jokes about it (I do too) but in reality there is NOTHING good about a presidential assasination. It is an infamous affront to the state and the people in this country. I myself would physically defend Bush (hypothetically), because in protecting Bush you are protecting the office of the president, which is far more important than the man himself, no matter who he is.

As for this guy - I don't feel much pity for him. He deserves a fair trial. But he is obviously unrepentant, even taunting in his manner. He believes he is doing Allah's work, and to him it really doesn't matter whether we kill him, imprison him, or let him go free. I don't think he's being railroaded because of the post-911 public opinion. I think he has been very clear in his intentions, then and now. he should be judged accordingly.

As far as the torture accusations - I certainly would NOT want to be in a Saudi prison for any reason. I have little confidence in their claims that they treat people humanely. Still, that is outside the question of whether he is guilty of the crimes he is accused of. he is here now, and is hopefully being judged properly according to our laws.

10. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

seconded...

11. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

As far as I,m aware all four assainated were killed by US citizens.I also realise killing one would just result in another probably worse candidate being shoved in as batter up but it would be a boost for millions around the world and serve as a warning to these bastards that there is a point beyond which they can't go,democracy my arse.

Not that I'm advocating assaination as a political tool as that would be illegal,as is anything that would actually change anything.:rolleyes:

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Do you really want him killed? Who else is on your list? Let's start a new thread on who's worthy to live and who's not...

13. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

People die each day because of the actions of the US President,20,000 children each day bcause of lack of access to clean water,so your sancity of human life idea doesn't hold up, if a few western politicans have to die to help these people I could care less.

14. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

I can't believe that some of you want someone to die. You may not agree with a person, but wishing death on someone is not a sane response.

I thought MR members were kind people, not those who wish that the president would be killed.

Anyway, an assasination would definately not be a good thing. It would affect the entire nation in so many ways, and while I support the president, dispite mistakes, I know many of you who wish him dead would be even more upset with the leadership of a President Chaney.

Think about what you're saying.

15. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Nor does your holding an individual accountable for someone's death. The individual, the person, George Bush, does not make every decision that results in death. The aggressors are the Iraqi insurgents, and they make decisions that result in death. The argument would be endless as to who is responsible. Middle Eastern unrest is a constant.

It's also nearly impossible to calculate the amount of monetary (and other) aid the U.S. has given to the entire world. Who's accountable for that?

16. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Would you care to actually provide sources to these numbers. Can you show that 20,000 children die each day because of President Bush? I somehow doubt the media has missed this genocide.

17. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I would suggest you look at the history of US "aid", in monetary terms it amounts to not a lot and ineviatably results in a financial gain to the US.The Iraqi's are the aggressors they are fighting an occupying army(not that I think they are right they're just the same as the US soldiers dieing for some halfarsed idea about freedom).If people stopped being conned into going to war for a bunch of fat cats(of any "side") we would be a lot better off,people are perfectly able to sort out local difficulties without result to trained killers.And if the US president is not responsible for the actions of US forces who is?

18. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    At that rate Iraq will be totally depopulated by 2008. :D

The number is highly suspect.

19. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

My bad I should have used a full stop before the 20,000.What I mean't was people die each day because of Bush's action.And 20,000 thousand children each day die because of lack of access to clean water worldwide,I'm not blaming Bush personally for that although the two things are related.
    This article says 4000 per day although the accepted figure is 20,000 whatever I doubt anyone has the true figures but its a lot and its disgusting that the rich west won't help.

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Humiliation is generally much more effective than murder. :)
    Want to count how many people have died thanks to the British Monarchy? ;)

21. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

ffs. What's the point of the thread title?

AppleMatt

22. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I personally think in some situations murder is better(the plot against hitler for instance)but thats just me.The bit about the Brit monarchy is not really relevant to me as the people responsible for these outrages are the same bastards where ever on the planet they are domiciled because I live in Britland doesn't make me have anything in common with the Brit state(I won't vote for any of them,if it changed anything they'd make it illegal).That obv. applies to people living in the US they may support the states actions but there's a very good chance they don't.Just what I think many others see it differently.

23. hoyboy9 macrumors member

This is such a ridiculous statement. People die everyday indirectly because of the actions of any president from any country.

How does 20,000 children dying every day from bad water have any relation to the US president? You do remember that Bush is the first US president in American history to send substantial amounts of money to Africa for AIDS and other disease-related maladies. It's a start.

As heartless as this may sound, no country or person in the world has a God-given right to American aid (or aid from any other country, for that matter), and it's not the President's fault if somebody dies because of the lack of foreign aid. It'd be just as ridiculous for me to say that I caught pneumonia and died because Tony Blair didn't fund the NHS enough to cover American citizens.

24. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Fine thats your opinion it differs from mine.The US(and many others including the brits) have been exploiting Africas wealth for centuries and so (in my opinion)are directly responsible for the poverty there now.I agree with the old aid org saying that aid is taking money from poor people in rich countries and giving it to rich people in poor countries.Its my belief that until people stop thinking in terms of nation states and see the world as a whole this kind of crap will continue.Because I live in the UK doesn't mean I have anything much in common with everyone else living here.There are people in the US Africa and many other places I've more in common with.Because I have different ideas from some others doesn't make me wrong just having different views , its all grist to the mill.As Apple says think different.
    PS not all countries hae Presidents.