Bush at Texas Game

Discussion in 'Community' started by iJon, Sep 11, 2004.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

So my home team the Razorbacks are playing Texas today. I heard some rumors about Bush coming to our game today. I didn't really believe it. Before I left for work my mom told me there are "very strong" rumors that he will be here. The bomb squads were on the field last night checking the stadium and field.

I'm not sure if I believe it still. I remember Clinton would come to our games and it would be chaotic with metal detectors and everything. But on the other hand his appearances were announced. Has anyone else heard about this. I think it's kind of odd with 9/11 today, seems like he would have better things to attend to, but it's alse a night game as well. I am thinking just a rumor started around town. Guess we will see.

iJon

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

This is so strange ... I hear he's going to be here when my fighting illini play UCLA ... wait no

our game is pretty hilarious becuase when they made the deal for national coverage both teams we're pretty good .... now they are not. Last year we lost 6-3 .... it was sloppy football. My only saving grace is that last week's win (first in a bout a year) ... pushed us out of ESPN's bottom ten.

So today we're looking to double our win column from last year.

Back to the original topic, Jon. Why don't you wear a vest of hot dogs or something funny that will get you taken down by a sniper while trying to enter the game. Sounds pretty cool if its true and I'm sure wherever i'll be will have the game on, so I'll be sure to look for you first, then maybe president bush.

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Well this keeps looking like not a rumor. My friends up in New York and Mass. have heard this too, but their hometown families might have told them. But I have noticed there are a bunch of news crews here, way more than our local 3 or 4 stations.

iJon

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Bush? You actually WANT to go to the game now?

5. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

Yeah why not? I have my ticket, biggest game of the year so far. Awesome rivalry. Why should someone others don't like reflect my opinion on going to a game :rolleyes:.

iJon

6. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

President Bush goes to a lot of UT games, or at least he used to. This is not that surprising. You should definately go to the game. If you want to go, then who else is going to be there shouldn't effect whether you go or not. It doesn't matter if you love the person that going to be there, or hate them, or are indifferent. Enjoy, though I will be rooting for Texas instead of Arkansas :D Not to worry though, Texas always plays a lousy game early in the season, so I'll bet that you roll us. Wouldn't surprise me if you beat us even if we play well.