Bush believing his own propaganda?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Apr 12, 2005.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

link

I never realised that all those Germans pulling down the wall were actually flown in by the US in a staged media event.

silly me.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

then i shall assume this one will be recorded, too:

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Ever work in a bureaucracy where even though you were a peon, your job brought you into contact with the Big Bosses? I did, during my years at a Texas state agency.

It's amazing what the Big Guy will believe. And, repeat as fact.

The information flows in from many sources, each step providing some amount of filter and passed along with some amount of spin. By the time it reaches the top, it can be many degrees off course from reality. I know I spent a good bit of time saying, "Sir, that's not the way it is..." (This meant a lot of mid-level guys hated my guts, of course.)

I've said all along that Bush believes what he spouts. That scares me a helluva lot more than the idea that he's lying. Lying would mean that there is absoluite knowledge, and that the liar has a calculated agenda. It seems to me that the various governmental machinations of the last three years have stemmed more from fear and foolishness than from any cold-blooded Plan Against Us All.

I still see Bush as an essentially good-hearted guy who got caught up in a situation that few believed was likely. The only way he knows to fight it is to out-tough the Jihadists. Out-toughing killers is not something that Americans in general are emotionally geared up to deal with. Friedman's column, today, in the NYt, seems to say Bush is at least ahead in the fight--but the fight ain't over.

'Rat

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

If Bush is "good at heart", why did he spend the first 40 years of his life as a partying, coke-snorting frat boy with a cruel sense of humor?

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Wait a minute. According to you, in this same exact post, Bush simply believes what he's told. If it's as you say, the only way he knows to fight it is to listen to the people below him.

Who have nearly universally been proven liars and/or incompetent. So it's liars and morons from top to bottom I suppose.

6. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

and the really amazing part is that a good half of the country STILL support them