Bush Camp Goes After Another Ad Campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by numediaman, Mar 10, 2004.

1. numediaman macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2004
    Chicago (by way of SF)
    A very strong pattern has developed here -- the Bush camp is now going after the Media Fund -- an organization at odds with the Bush philosophy (story below). This is the second group they have threatened.

The stories about about the administration not allowing protester within a quarter mile, the attempt to get a hold of the medical files of women who have had abortions, the attempt to intimidate TV stations who air ads from MoveOn.org, and the melding of corporate interests with government . . . it is a very scary.

Brief excerpt:

Bush campaign to challenge ads
    Media Fund calls allegations 'ridiculous'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Bush-Cheney re-election campaign plans to file a complaint Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission, charging that a $5.1 million anti-Bush ad campaign in key battleground states violates the new campaign finance reform law, spokesman Terry Holt said.

The complaint alleges that the group running the ads, the Media Fund, is using so-called "soft" money contributions from deep-pocketed donors to pay for the ads, which is illegal under the new law because the ads seek to influence a race for federal office.
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    I wouldnt worry to much I think we are going to vote him out, everything that comes out of his administration are lies,distortions,threats,sliding around the law,accusations etc. Make me want to never vote for another republican. He makes Bill clinton look so good. Republicans should be thinking about where this guy is going and where he is taking the party. Those fence riders like me will be jumping off the fence to the democrat side you watch.
  3. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004