Bush Can't win the war on terror

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

So Did I miss the discussion? I can't find the thread.

What was actually said? I only heard commentary on it.

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Just to clarify, I think you should re-name the thread tittle.

Bush cannot win the war on terror.
    Kerry, also, cannot win the war on terror.

Terrorism is something that will be with humans as long as we live. You can try and prevent it, thwart it, but terrorism will still occur no matter how long you fight against it.

I like your new avatar Neserk, it reminds me of a cat I once knew.....

3. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

4. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I did. When I put my mouse over the kittens stomach, it sounded like a turbo prop engine. :rolleyes: Did you make that?

5. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

lol... I wish.. no... a friend sent me the link ages ago. When I was allowed to have an avitar I was reminded of it so my husband turned it into my avitar but I wanted people to see the actual kitty so I added the link to my sig.

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

With regards to the original topic, I don't think anyone can "win" the WOT, especially w/ the mindset of it being a clearly delineated conflict...

I just happen to not like Politicians stating otherwise for political gain at the expense of accurate appraisals of the situation and pragmatic and realistic solutions...

solutions which will involve some acknowledgement of our contribution(s) to the problem and some degree of compromise and sacrifice of our priorities...not, hopefully, continuing carnage...as we are numerically outnumbered...

or

we could have a winner-take-all arm wrestling match between GW and OBL to settle it once and for all...Jesus vs Allah...GW could turn his hat backwards a la "Over the Top" and kick some serious ass...now thatwould be a photo opportunity...

I apologize...sarcasm got the best of me...

7. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Well, I thought it was the most intelligent thing Bush has ever said. But then he rescinded. (flip flop anyone?) but I didn't hear the original statement so I'm not sure of what was said context etc.