Bush & Cheney testify...and no one will be recording it.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link to article.

I'd say Thurber's closer to the truth than the spin that "eliminates the possibility of anyone playing to the television audience".

So there will be no completely objective record of anything that those two say today. Charming. Just charming.

I swear to God, it's like having Nixon back.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

At least Nixon had a sense of humor, not to mention doing a lot to make the world a safer, less violent place.

I don't understand how anyone has any respect for this president and his unbelievable cowardice.

3. numediaman macrumors 6502a

I have inside information that Bob Woodward will be hiding under a table with a tape recorder, so all is not lost.

But I want a video record of this interview. I want to see if Chaney's lips move when Bush speaks.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i, too, am stunned by what the public will let bush get away with. doesn't anyone get that his administration is completely accountability-free? don't people realize how ****ing important it is to have accountability w/ power?

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And here I thought I'd never miss the days of the special prosecutor statute, nor the thought of a president testifying on video and under oath.

I'll be interested to see the reactions of the people present. Will Bush field the majority of questions as has been advertised, or will Cheney be the one giving most of the substantive responses?

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I take it you have seen this:
    http://www.onion.com/index.php?issue=4016
    (right-hand side)...lots of good stuff, current issue too...