Bush contradicts his own excuse for circumventing FISA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

****ing slimeball.... :mad:

Link

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

So... wait. Did they purposely let the warrants remain more "difficult" to get so they could use that as an excuse? And I use the term "difficult" loosely since they are pretty much as easy to get as just having a reason, and we all know you can even get them after you do the spying. This is like a bad conspiracy movie. I mean, I knew they were bad, but I figured it was more incompetance than evil. Guess I was wrong. Evil. I'm amazed that people still defend them.

The only other reason I could think of is that they wanted to give the appearance that they valued privacy, even while they pissed all over the Constitution and Bill Of Rights. Also Evil. And stupid.

3. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Here we go agian. And of course, it will never stick:confused:

Absolutely baffles me as to what the other 47% of Americans are smokin'?

4. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Unfortunately, the article is just ambiguous enough to leave Bush's motivation unclear.

Either way, though, it's just one more slimy example of Bush's lying, manipulative governance.

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Don't need the article to point out the obvious. There are only 2 ways it makes sense, and neither of them are good for Bush. Scary part is, over half the country seems to be ok with it or doesn't care.

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Knight-Ridder is a newspaper chain in the United States. They own, among others, the Philadelphia Inquirer and the Akron Beacon-Journal.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

San Jose Mercury and the San Luis Obispo Tribune as well.

8. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I just don't understand the Bush admin. They just seem to nolonger care. Perhaps because Americans seem willing to excuse anything, so long as Bush is a good christian.

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Who said it in "Fahrenheit 9/11"? "You can make people do anything if they're afraid." So they keep playing the fear card.

You know, kinda like the terrorists. ;)

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Which is why I keep saying the terrorists really have won. Sad isn't it.

11. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, in the sense that they've instilled such a sense of terror that stupid people will act self-destructively and vote for the neocons, yes, they've won. But it goes beyond even that.

Remember, Osama hoped to weaken our government by sending us off on all kinds of wild goose chases and by bankrupting us. Bush's war is fulfilling those goals beyond Osama's wildest dreams.

And if Osama had hoped to weaken our system of government, well, he's succeeding at that too. Right now Bush is treating the Constitution as if it were a bunch of suggestions that he's free to accept or reject.

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not to mention that the country is split right down the middle. We're all at each others throats. Bush lovers calling everyone else unAmerican terrorist lovers, and Bush haters calling everyone who likes him stupid. As well as how the other countries in the world view us.

Sad.

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Does anyone doubt that when we get to the bottom of this eavesdropping thing we're going to find that the TIA and Poindexter were involved in listening in on millions of Americans?
    Link'd

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i do not doubt it. c.f. ECHELON.