Bush could seize absolute control of U.S. government

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If this guy is trying to scare the crap out of me, he's doing a bangup job:

Somebody please tell me this guy is a conspiracy nut and this isn't really true.

Link

2. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

3. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Not that I would support this by any means, but Lincoln did the same thing during the Civil War. Martial Law was implimented in the South for years during the Reconstruction. Some how, if this did occur, the Union would survive. There's no way it would happen now given the political climate and current culture wouldn't have it. Then again, Capitol Hill Blue isn't the most respected source, imo.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

gore addressed this point in today's speech.

5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

That's too bad. He's picked up on some stuff that the main stream media has overlooked, and he seems to be fairly balanced in his political views (go through the archives). I actually think it's one of the better sites, myself.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

More Food for Thought

http://www.counterpunch.org/

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny thing is, the GOP spent 8 years working to diminish presidential power when Clinton was in office. Remember all those righties claiming that Clinton didn't get executive privilege over and over? The oversight they claimed the president needed to have from Congress?

And now that's all history... until the next Democratic president. Then you can bet the GOP will be working to curtail presidential power as best they can.

You can bet that no Democratic president would be able to hide who met with him during energy policy meetings...

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Every President has this at his disposal. Most are smart enough not to use it unless absolutely necessary. Even then sometimes. The implications are just too severe. I don't trust Bush with this power. We ask our soldiers to die for freedom, as so many have before them. Yet we are unwilling to fight for our own freedom because we are afraid. Or too busy. Or just lazy and uninformed. But mostly because we are afraid.

Ladies and gentleman, the terrorist have now officially won.

9. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

How am I not surprised?

I can now honestly say that George Bush was the worst president ever.

How he managed to undo all the amazing things Clinton did during his presidency is beyond me.

EDIT: Wow, I had no idea this thread was ten months old. Sorry about that.

10. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

They won on 9/12.

11. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

In 1971-1973, the Nixon administration commissioned three studies by different 'think tanks'. One was Rand. The study involved the reaction of the American people to a suspension of the presidential election, if America was thought to be in a state of imminent threat. It gives me chills thinking about the men who put their puppet GW in a position of such unchecked power.

Bush is a zero. He is a front man for the immoral elite; the ultra powerful, behind the scenes guys (I could float some names, but that would be libel). I wonder how many times "GW having an accident" was on the table? I wonder how many shallow graves there are in West Texas, with former GW friends who knew him when...

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They didn't win then, they won when the Patriot Act was signed.

13. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

Probably around the same number as exist in Arkansas.

Republicans sounded similar conspiracy theories when Clinton gave FEMA the power to take over in an emergency. You know, Clinton will fake an emergency, suspend elections, stay in power.

Which isn't to say Bush couldn't do the same or worse. Don't flame me. I'm just pointing out that these worst-case scenarios are always thrown around. I think Bush sucks, but our republic can survive him.

14. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Bush & politicians played right into the terrorists hands. The Islamic extremist hate freedom & liberty and the first thing Bush & Republicans went after was our Freedoms & Libertys. Just gave it a fancy name like the patriot act. Its unconstitutional if you ask me. So Bush is spying on all Americans while letting millions of mexicans just stroll on into our country along with any terrorist that can walk. A Republican Govt attacking our Libertys & Freedoms. Even now the Fence Bush has bragged on is really just double talk with so many restrictions and red tape that it will never be built. It was just a political ploy by the republicans to appear to be doing something for election time. Nothing but spin and lies, thats part of the reason we booted out the republicans.

15. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Clinton could have seized absolute control of the U.S. government

:eek:

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I agree. They wouldn't have won if we didn't let them. If we hadn't played right into their hands and done everything exactly wrong.

I realize this thread is a bit old, but even with the Dems win, I still feel the same way.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yes, but despite being a perv who screwed up Waco and Elian Gonzales (and a bunch of other things) he never did. Bush and his buddies have done some pretty bad things, but at least I can say he hasn't either. Yet.

Something tells me though, maybe he just doesn't want the job any more. :p