Bush de-classify "key findings" of the NIE report

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Sep 26, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12913317/
    To show the "whole picture", Prez. de-classified 4 pages out of 30+ pages report, only the "conclusion" section. I guess to prez. 10% of a report is "whole picture" enough. Wonder if before invasion of iraq, he also just showed the congress and American people this "10% whole picture" thing.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

All you have to do is look and see was there more terrorism before Iraq or after? This is why daddy Bush didnt go in, but Jr doesnt seem to listen to many folks other then draft dodging Karl Rove and Cheney and his league of brown nosers. We have created more terrorist by a thousand fold easily. This administration thinks everything should be done in secret:confused: Sounds like Nazi Germany or communist USSR to me. Amazing we fought a cold war and never had to do this but thugs from Saudi Arabia and everything is Top Secret. Bush would classify his mother's comb.

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Well it took less than 10% to steal the 2004 election, so I guess he needs
    just enough cherry picked details from this report to stay the course.

4. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

if this is the 'optimist' 10%, the rest gotta be very bleak.
    I fail to see how this helps W in any way.
    I suppose he never read it.

and, from the article:

to suggest the opposite, on the other hand, requires us to ignore the facts.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i suppose bush had to cut off the history lesson at 20 years, because this happened less than 23 years ago:

[​IMG]

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Another extremist joining the radical movement, I see.

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Does that report mention this?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...5sep25,0,5555967.story?coll=la-home-headlines

WASHINGTON — The Army's top officer withheld a required 2008 budget plan from Pentagon leaders last month after protesting to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld that the service could not maintain its current level of activity in Iraq plus its other global commitments without billions in additional funding.

The decision by Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, the Army's chief of staff, is believed to be unprecedented and signals a widespread belief within the Army that in the absence of significant troop withdrawals from Iraq, funding assumptions must be completely reworked, say current and former Pentagon officials.

According to a senior Army official involved in budget talks, Schoomaker is now seeking $138.8 billion in 2008, nearly $25 billion above budget limits originally set by Rumsfeld. The Army's budget this year is $98.2 billion, making Schoomaker's request a 41% increase over current levels.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And yet Bush's poll numbers have gone up a few points in the last couple of weeks. I wonder what's changed? Seriously, are people suddenly ok with Iraq being a mess?

9. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

You really must take these opinion polls with a grain of salt. I suspect that gas prices going down is responsible for his rise. :rolleyes:

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I thought about that, but they aren't that low.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It took a radical movement and years and years before the govt stopped the nonsense in Vietnam. Govt didnt have a problem letting our sons & daughters along with Vietnams sons & daughters getting killed for what amounted to nothing. Here we are again with a govt in the same type of situation by the very guys who didnt serve and were hiding under their desks. I welcome another radical movement if thats what it takes to get out of Iraq and to get back our govt from the Neocons. Then they hide behind the Christian movement as if Jesus would want this type of behavior. Nothing could be further from the truth.