Bush falls off bike...again.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mpw, Jul 7, 2005.

1. mpw Guest

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I feel better knowing that pretzels will not be served at the G8 summit reliable sources report.

3. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

nice 1

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Someone need to learn that man how to ride a bike... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Now that is funny.

At least he can a run a country, I mean that's easier than riding a bike, using a segway, running or eating a Pretzel... :rolleyes:

6. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I am glas i am not american at times like this, then again he can at least say I instead of johhnie howard talking it is funny ;)

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

:rolleyes:

Yet another reason I voted for the other guy.

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

oh...my...god... :rolleyes: what a blockhead. I have to admit that I take some degree of pleasure in hearing about these things. someone get that man some more pretzels! :D

9. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    And to think he used to be a fighter pilot...
    He's a great guy but he seems accident prone.

10. Mac_Freak macrumors 6502a

Has he rear ended that police officer or just hit him sideways :D

11. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

OMG, you mean a person who actively works out fell off of his bike? How could this be? I bet W. wishes he were Chirac. Then we wouldn't have to worry about a minor collision, because he would be too fat. I'm sorry, but I don't see what the big deal is. He works out on a daily basis. Things happen. The pretzel thing is a bit funny, until it happens to you. :mad:

12. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I'm glad I have dual-citizenship in situations like this *sigh* :rolleyes:

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

he does seem to have a propensity towards accidents, that's what I find funny. then again, I am bias because I just don't like the man. no need to bust anyone's coconuts over it.

14. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Unless you're the one "busting one's coconuts", right? At least you admit that you're biased. :D

15. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Sorry, folks but W was never a deployed fighter pilot. He was in the Texas air national guard keeping the US safe from...um...I guess Cuba. I think that the Air Force knew that if US national security depended on W doing any fighting himself, we'd be up the creek.

I bet he permanently wrecked his inner ear with all his booze and coke.

16. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Some people simply have nothing better to do but find an excuse to Bush bash at the slightest opportunity. Anyone who rides on a regular basis has their share of crashes, just ask Lance Armstrong, who certainly isn't clumsy nor accident prone... :rolleyes:

17. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

oh yeah, I'll cop to that :p

no really, I am a clutz and do things like this sometimes too, I suppose in some sense it's funny to hear tht it happens to everyone. the notion of it happening to someone I don't particuarly care for was just priceless... I guess I'm twisted like that.

signed,

someone who has broken more bones on a dirtbike than Bush ever will on that mountain bike and all the stumbles in the world. :D
    {{shrugs}}

18. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Sounds like my old roommate. He rode dirtbikes when he was in highschool, but stopped due to all of his injuries. At least you're alive to talk about it. I'd never ride one like that. :)

19. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

yeah, a lot of people just think I'm insane for it (plus I am female, which makes me a minority in this arena too) but it's just my favorite thing to do. I've calmed down quite a bit but there was a time when I was far too 'out of control' for my own good. everyone has their own little guilty pleasure and "weakness" for something that is probably not the best thing for them, this is mine (that and this powerbook, which is my other little vice when I am not riding or otherwise busy) :)

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The special service must feel like they are guarding Tim Allen at a power tool covention, everytime Bush goes out and attempts anything requiring a bit of physical coordination.

21. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I was kinda hoping he'd get a little more than 'scrapes and bruises'.

22. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Nice blanket statement there, buddy. :rolleyes:

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good ol' Uncurious George. Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe we should call him George Gump or Forrest Bush. :)

24. fuzzwud macrumors regular

hey it happens ... I've had my share of bicycling accidents too.

With my Jamis road bicycle, my front tire exploded and the force of the explosion caused the rubber to invert in shape. It got caught on my fork, and I was thrown off. I wasn't going fast but I had so much momentum that I slid 10 feet face first into the concrete. I had a bloody chin with a scar the size of a half dollar. I had to go to work later that day too. How embarassing.

With my mountain bicycle, I decided to ride on a grassy area down a gentle decline. I hit a bump in the grass and my butt came off the seat and the bike zoomed forward while my hands were still on the handle bars. Next thing I knew, my butt landed on my rear tire while still going. My feet ended up being on the grass ... I was in water skii position with a mountain bike tire grinding a wedgy into my butt. While I was still going, I was contemplating the pros and cons of letting go of my bike at that moment.

Another time, I decided to take a short cut to my class between the graduate business and fine arts building in the evening. It was overgrown with small plants but I figured that's what a mountain bike is for. Rode down that steeper slope half way and flipped over, landing on my arm and face again. There was a 2-3 foot drop covered up by the plants. Hooray.

And then when I was 5 years old ... haha, just kidding.

dw

25. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's the landing he's got to work on.

The face plants, while scoring a lot of points, tend to shorten your athletic career.