Bush Finance Honcho Donated to Nader

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Aug 12, 2004.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Jan 26, 2004

When your horse is a nag, your best bet is to try and hobble the competition.
  2. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

Nov 15, 2003
    Chucktown, SC
    "He's an American citizen who is a Republican, just happens to believe in civil liberties maybe," Nader said during the debate on National Public Radio. "I don't even know the man."

I don't mind that Nader is running - good for him.

I don't mind that his campaign is funded by Republicans. They're just engaging in smart politics.

What makes me angry is when a candidate claims to run because the other parties are corrupt, and then says something like this. What a two-faced, lying, egotistical jerk.

If anyone out there is actually considering a vote for this guy, keep in mind that he's no more honest than the rest - and if he really cared about civil liberties, the environment and consumer advocacy, he'd help improve them by joining the fight against Bush - not stealing votes from Kerry on the GOP dime.
  3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2003
    Terlingua, Texas
    Well, odds are that Nader doesn't know the guy, and at the time of the donation, didn't have a clue about the source of the money. He might have heard of him, of course, but--had you, SuperChuck? I grant it would be more honorable for Nader to have returned the money, which some politicos have done upon occasion--but in political campaigns you only do that if your war chest is fat.

All manner of people put money into political campaigns, and always have...

I'm mildly on Nader's side in brouhahas like this. Bits and pieces pop up in the news about local DemParty PR trying to keep Nader off the ballot.

This has got to be one of the nastiest political years I've ever seen. An incredible amount of polarization. It's both an ideological war and the usual "normal" BS war about control of federal money/perks/benefits/power.