Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 13, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

seems the (white) house of cards is really collapsing now. i can't recall a president ever making such a lost, petulant statement. or ever appearing so non-presidential.

this is not what a leader sounds like.

and he's conveniently forgetting that he'd been handed a number of alternative ideas, both from the dems and the iraq study group.

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

He has never listened to anyone except his little circle, Its why he went into Iraq in the first place. This man is so out of touch with the world, with what is right & wrong it makes me think he has never read the new Testament. Torture? Spying on us? removing Libertys? and now pretends to want to listen to someone? The solution to Iraq is Bidens plan, loose federation that splits the oil and 3 seperate states backed up by the U.N. (edit) but wait thats not in the Corporations interests is it?

4. Queso macrumors G4

Truly pathetic. At least our turd-for-brains sycophantic excuse for a leader is going this Spring. January 2009 can't come quickly enough.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think your skipping a year, we got 2 more years of NeoConCorporationGreed based policy.

6. Queso macrumors G4

I thought the person you elect in November gets sworn in the following January. Is that not right?

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

that's right. but you brits are a few hours ahead of us -- it's still 2006 here. :)

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nov 2008 is election and the swearing starts in Jan.:D

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Sure! Here it is:

Attached Files:

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Can't forget something you've never heard. Do you really think he listens to what the Dems say, or read what was in that report? He doesn't even listen to his own party. Or his Dad. Or the American people.

He may be left with just Laura, and Barney supporting him, but I've seen the look on her face when he talks about it. And Barney's just a dog. But even he probably thinks this is a bad idea.

11. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Of the ideas to stay, I thought relocating troops along the borders of Iraq seemed the most reasonable. Keeps the military out of the civil war and urban fighting and actually might reduce the supposed Iranian/Syrian activity.

While in my heart I would prefer an outright exit, my head thinks it would be a disaster.

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I agree, while Iraq is FUBAR, just exiting with a wave good-bye would be worse. scaled withdrawl over 12 -18 month period would be better.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

its a disaster now and securing the borders seems to be against George's thinking almost like why do you need to do that? Look at the U.S. borders still wide open just like Iraq's. Strange how they never figured out how important securing borders are. 4 years later and its like we are starting over again? Stupid is as Stupid does .

14. Queso macrumors G4

We need to start replacing US/UK troops with Egyptian, Jordanian, Saudi etc. (friendly Arab states) and put all of our resources into funding and training the Iraqi army and police. But we have to train them in a neighbouring country so they're not in the firing line until they're fully able to protect themselves. Kuwait would be a good location thanks to the roads to it being in Shia hands rather than under the control of several different groups. Unfortunately getting the Kuwaitis to agree to it may be difficult, but I'm sure if there was enough consensus amongst the Arab League they could be persuaded.

15. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Bush reminds me of Adolf Hitler during the last days of the war in Germany. Moving fictional forces around, while not paying any attention to what the situation really is, and being so out of touch with it all, but still trying to control it and win.

Unfortunately, the forces are quite real, and our soliders' lives are at stake.

16. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

This will never happen. It was the US's fault to attack Iraq in the first place and they have to figure a way out on their own. The Arab League and 99.9% of the world opposed the idea of going into Iraq years ago. Now that the US has created a mess (disaster is more appropriate) you want other countries (Arab or not) to go in to clean it?

17. Queso macrumors G4

They won't do it until Bush and Bliar are both out of office, but if the first act Bush's successor does is close Guantanamo the Arab nations will be far more willing and able to publicly support a solution. Even then, the deployments will effectively have to be paid for by US taxpayers with freebies being given to the other states involved. Also I expect serious pressure for a Palestinian solution.

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Check this out:

Washington Post (My bold)

The article goes on to talk about the misuse or non-use of some of the money that's already been spent there, but for me the part about civilians really stood out.

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oooh, a cartoon. Awesome idea! That's something Bush's little brain might understand :D

20. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

We're all missing the point. We're screwed, they're screwed, Iraq is broken, and no matter what we do, nothing will fix it. Nothing will work. There's nothing left but to blame the people who got us into the mess, while all but ignoring the real threats.

Thanks again Bush administration!